Vegan French Onion Soup 🌱 (& vegan garlic bread 🥖).
You can have Vegan French Onion Soup 🌱 (& vegan garlic bread 🥖) using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan French Onion Soup 🌱 (& vegan garlic bread 🥖)
- It’s 5 of medium onions – red and brown (organic if possible).
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic (2 for the garlic bread).
- Prepare 1-3 of organic french onion stock cube (or vegetable stock).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of couple of splashes of vegan beer.
- It’s 2 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 sprig of thyme.
- Prepare 1 sprig of Rosemary.
- It’s 1 pinch of seasalt.
- It’s 1 of good pinch of white pepper.
- You need 3 tablespoons of vegan butter.
- Prepare 1 of baguette.
- You need 2 tablespoons of vegan Cheddar 🧀.
- Prepare of Chopped parsley or seasonal herbs (optional).
Vegan French Onion Soup 🌱 (& vegan garlic bread 🥖) step by step
- Chop the onions into rings. Add a splash of oil to the pan and cook the onions on a high heat for 2 or 3 minutes. Reduce the heat and put on lid. Cook until the onions start to soften. Add a splash of beer or a sprinkle of sugar to help them to caramelise. Cook until very soft, this will take at least 30 minutes, possibly longer. Don’t be tempted to rush this step or you won’t get the depth of flavour..
- Add 1 clove of chopped or crushed garlic, the bay leaf, Rosemary and Thyme. Cook for a further few minutes. Mix the stock cube with boiling water and allow to dissolve. Add to the pan and cook for around another 30 minutes. Season to your taste..
- Crush the remaining garlic and mix with the butter. Slice the baguette. Spread each section with garlic butter, wrap in tin foil and bake until crispy..
- Place a ladel of soup into the bowl. Top with a garlic bread crouton, sprinkle with vegan cheese and grill until it bubbles. Sprinkle with fresh seasonal herbs if you are using. Enjoy 😋.
Thank you tante yuni for sharing Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Vegan French Onion Soup 🌱 (& vegan garlic bread 🥖), hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp