Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin.
You can cook Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin
- You need 1 of medium zucchini.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow squash.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream or whole milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt, divided.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of pepper, divided.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of dried chives.
- It’s 1/8 tsp. of onion powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of freshly shredded parmesan.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of freshly shredded gouda cheese.
Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8×8" baking pan and set it aside..
- Wash the zucchini and yellow squash, then slice them into coins about 1/4" thick. Place them into a bowl and season them with 1/4 tsp each salt, pepper and oregano. Set aside..
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over med-high heat. Once it's melted, add the garlic and stir until fragrant. Then pour in the cream (or milk) and whisk in the cornstarch, the onion powder and 1/4 tsp each of salt, pepper and chives. Allow this to come to a simmer and simmer until thickened…just about 2-3 minutes. Once thickened, remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese..
- Lay out the squash in the prepared baking pan. Pour the cream mixture over the top. Sprinkle the gouda evenly over the top..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the squash is fork tender. Switch your oven to broil and let the cheese brown for 2-3 minutes..
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it sit for 5 or so minutes, then serve..
Thank you tante ida for sharing Recipe: Delicious Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp