Meat dumplings in hot yogurt sauce – shish barak. Shish barak are little, ravioli-like dumplings filled with seasoned lamb, onions, and pine nuts that are boiled, baked, or fried and served in a warm yogurt sauce with melted butter, mint I simply whisk in a little of the hot pasta cooking water to thin the yogurt to a sauce-like consistency and warm it slightly. Similar to most Arab dishes, the origins are difficult to trace, but it is said that the dish came from pre-Islamic Persia and subsequently variations were made in Azerbaijan, Uzbek and several other countries. Making sheesh barak can easily be done in stages.
Assembling the dish is easy once the dumplings are ready, because the yoghurt sauce and the rice. Today the dish is Meat dumplings in Yogurt sauce (Shishbarak). Shish barak was one of the meals that These dumplings are filled with cooked ground meat, and then dropped in yogurt sauce. You can cook Meat dumplings in hot yogurt sauce – shish barak using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meat dumplings in hot yogurt sauce – shish barak
- It’s of – For the shish barak dumplings:.
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- You need 500 g of coarsely ground beef.
- It’s 1 of small onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of cinnamon.
- It’s of For the sauce:.
- You need 1 kg of yogurt.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of starch, dissolved in ½ cup water.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fresh coriander, chopped.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
Serve it hot, and. pinch of ground allspice. Add the pine nuts and allow them to brown, stirring constantly. Increase the heat to high and add the mince and allspice, stirring until the meat changes colour. Shish Barak is a traditional Arabic dumpling dish that is very popular in Lebanon and Palestine.
Meat dumplings in hot yogurt sauce – shish barak step by step
- To prepare the dough: sift the flour in a bowl with some salt. Gradually add water and knead to obtain a soft dough. Cover the dough with a plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for 30 min..
- To prepare the filling: on high heat, fry the chopped onion in a skillet with the vegetable oil until golden. Add the ground meat, cinnamon, pepper and salt and fry until the meat turns brown. Set aside to cool..
- Preheat the oven to 180 ˚C..
- To make the shish barak dumplings: on a lightly floured surface, roll the dough using a rolling pin. Cut the dough into 4 cm circles..
- Place 1 teaspoon of filling at the centre of each circle and fold in half. Press edges together then bring both corners together to obtain a dumpling. Seal well..
- Put all the meat dumplings in a well-greased baking tray and bake for 10 min or until blushed. Remove from oven and set aside..
- To prepare the sauce: strain the yogurt into a pot, add the dissolved starch and place over medium heat. Stir continuously in a circular movement until yogurt thickens then reduce the heat. It is very important to stir continuously for the yogurt not to stick to the pot..
- In a small skillet, fry the minced garlic and fresh coriander with the vegetable oil and add them to the yogurt. Mix well and turn off the heat..
- To serve, place the shish barak dumplings in a serving dish and pour the yogurt sauce in another deep dish. It is customary to serve vermicelli rice along with it. In each individual plate, place a serving of rice and shish barak dumplings and cover with yogurt sauce..
- This serving method is recommended to preserve the crunchiness of the shish barak. Another way to serve it is to add the shish barak dumplings to the yogurt sauce before serving, in which case it will lose its crunchiness..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'vermicelli rice' in this application..
The dumplings contain beef and spices; they are cooked in a tangy yogurt sauce or soup. The dough for the dumplings is the same dough that is used for Italian ravioli, but wonton wrappers from an Asian. To serve, place the shish barak dumplings in a serving dish and pour the yogurt sauce in another deep dish. It is customary to serve vermicelli rice along with it. Here's a recipe for a tasty Lebanese soup made with meat-stuffed pasta and a yogurt broth.
Thank you mother diah for sharing Recipe: Perfect Meat dumplings in hot yogurt sauce – shish barak, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp