Broccoli Cheese Gratin for a Crowd.
You can cook Broccoli Cheese Gratin for a Crowd using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Gratin for a Crowd
- You need 4 lbs of fresh broccoli – cut to bite size florets.
- You need 1/2 cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 6 tbs of unsalted butter – softened, divided.
- Prepare 2 tbs of flour.
- It’s 2 cups of milk (anything but skim).
- Prepare 4 oz of full fat cream cheese – softened, cubed.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of triple cheddar blend shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of cayenne.
Broccoli Cheese Gratin for a Crowd step by step
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9×13 baking dish with 1 tbs of the butter. Set aside..
- Place a steamer basket in a large pot filled with just enough water to almost touch the bottom of the basket. Add broccoli and steam until crisp tender. About 8 minutes. (Note on the broccoli, I do not use the big, stalks parts of the stems).
- When broccoli is finished. Remove lid and carefully transfer broccoli to casserole dish, spread out evenly. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper..
- While broccoli steams, you can begin the sauce. Melt 4 tbs butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour. Cook for 1 minute, wisking constantly..
- Wisk in milk. Cook until sauce begins to bubble and thicken. About 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add a small pinch of cayenne and remaining pepper. Stir in cream cheese until melted..
- Stir in shredded cheese until sauce is smooth. Taste for seasoning adding up to remaining 1/2 tsp salt if desired. Pour in an even layer over broccoli in dish..
- Melt remaining 1 tbs butter in microwave for 20-30 seconds. Stir into bread crumbs. Sprinkle mixture evenly over cheese. Bake uncovered until topping is golden brown. About 10-15 minutes. Dish up hot. Enjoy!.
Thank you sister wati for sharing Recipe: Delicious Broccoli Cheese Gratin for a Crowd, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp