Yankee Pot Roast.
You can have Yankee Pot Roast using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Yankee Pot Roast
- It’s 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of chuck roast (2-3 lbs.).
- You need Dash of salt and black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of thyme.
- Prepare 2 cups of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 sprig of rosemary.
- You need 1 of medium onion, cut into wedges (8 pieces).
- It’s 1 lb. of medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- You need 1 can (6 oz.) of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of clove (grated or powdered).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of allspice (ground or powdered).
- It’s 1/4 cup of Marsala wine (optional).
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- You need 8 oz. of large mushrooms, halved or quartered.
Yankee Pot Roast instructions
- Preheat oven 325˚..
- Heat a large pot or heavy skillet over medium-high heat with cooking oil. Season the roast with the dried herbs and then sear the meat in the hot oiled pan for 5 minutes per side.
- Place the meat in a heavy Dutch-oven pot and add the broth, wine, and the bay leaf. Add all the onions and a small sampling of carrots and celery. [The main vegetables will be added in later].
- Cover the pot and place in a heated oven for 1 hour and 45 minutes..
- Remove the pot from the oven and drain off about 2 cups of the pot juices into a small / medium sized pot. Add the tomato paste to the juices, stir occasionally, and heat until a slight boil..
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 10 minutes. [The gravy will begin to thicken a bit] Season with salt and pepper, including some clove and ground allspice. Add the Marsala wine to taste..
- Discard the cooked carrots and celery from the large pot and add in new ones along with the bell pepper and mushrooms and the “new” gravy..
- Carefully flip the roast over and place the pot back in the oven, uncovered, and continue to cook for another 1 hour and 20 minutes..
- The pot roast is done when the vegetables (carrots & celery) are soft to the bite. Serve with mashed potatoes or wide flat noodles..
Thank you sister yuli for sharing Recipe: Appetizing Yankee Pot Roast, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp