Tofu scramble or vegan breakfast burrito. Ah, the vegan breakfast burrito – a thing to behold. While we have a vegan burrito in our cookbook, I'd yet to make one with tofu. And, truth be told, this version is a bit easier to make.
Hearty vegan breakfast burritos filled with tofu scramble, avocado, and potatoes are so satisfying any time of day. One of my favorite high protein morning foods is the breakfast burrito. After my weekend workouts I sometimes crave something a bit more hearty and substantial than my usual. You can have Tofu scramble or vegan breakfast burrito using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tofu scramble or vegan breakfast burrito
- Prepare of scramble.
- You need 8 oz of extra firm tofu.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of red onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of Poblano pepper or pepper of your choice.
- You need 1 cup of kale or spinach loosely chopped.
- It’s of seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare of optional to serve with.
- You need 1 of salsa.
- It’s 1 of cilantro.
- You need 1 of hot sauce.
- It’s 1 of hash browns.
- Prepare 1 of in a tortilla (breakfast burrito).
I started making burritos with leftovers and tofu scramble for him. One day I added some chilla (chickpea omelet) in the wraps too and he loved it. There's something wonderful about a breakfast burrito! Below is my easy peasy recipe for tofu scramble and how to turn it into a meal that's truly This recipe uses a whole block of tofu so makes a healthy serving of scramble.
Tofu scramble or vegan breakfast burrito step by step
- Pat dry tofu. Wrap in cheese cloth and put weight on to squeeze water out. I use my cast iron skillet. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- While tofu is draining add all seasonings together in small bowl. Add enough water to make pourable and mix together then set aside..
- Slice onion and pepper of your choice. Loosely chop kale or spinach.
- Heat skillet over medium heat adding oil, onion and peppers. Saute for 5 minutes or until onions become soft..
- Add kale or spinach and cover for 2 minutes..
- Your tofu should be ready by now so unwrap it and crumble with fork to bite sized pieces..
- Uncover veggies and slide to one side of skillet. Add tofu to other side and saute for 2 minutes..
- Add spice sauce, pouring 2/3 to tofu and 1/3 to veggies..
- Cook for 5 minutes in separate places to try to brown tofu slightly then mix together and cook for an additional 2 minutes..
- Serve as you wish. I've done breakfast burritos, served with toast, hash browns, chips. It is always good topped with salsa and/or hot sauce..
How many burritos you have will be determined by how much you pack. Breakfast, on the other hand, is no laughing matter. For us, it is a critical prerequisite for the rest of the day. Since we were going to be moving For our burritos, we started with sautéed bell peppers and onions, which we then combined with a vegan scramble made from extra-firm tofu and a blend of. Tofu scramble is a vegan alternative to scrambled eggs.
Thank you sister amel for sharing Recipe: Delicious Tofu scramble or vegan breakfast burrito, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp