Greek Pasta Flora or else sweet jam pie. Spread the jam over the dough. No, The Greek Vegan hasn't gone Italian – pasta flora is a delightful traditional jam tart and one of the most delicious, authentic sweet treats of Greece! Add the vanilla, egg yolk and lemon juice.
Looking for a traditional Greek jam tart recipe? Find out how to make this traditional pasta flora recipe using your favorite kind of jam and wake up the Perfect for every time of the day; over some hot coffee or tea or as delicious sweet snack. Prepare it using any kind of jam you prefer and wake up. pasta flora – traditional Greek jam tart, as lovely as it is delicious! quick and easy to make with a handful of ordinary ingredients and on your table in Here's our pick of the best, from pies and tarts, to sweet treats. You can have Greek Pasta Flora or else sweet jam pie using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Greek Pasta Flora or else sweet jam pie
- You need 500 gr of self rising flour.
- It’s 200 gr of fine sugar (depends how sweet is the jam you can reduce).
- Prepare 250 gr of soya butter or margarine.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 700 gr of jam.
Feather light sponge cake layered with soft, billowy whipped cream and topped with. Pasta Flora is a dessert my mother used to make quite often and she usually used whatever homemade jams she had. The word "pasta" does not have the meaning all of you know but pasta in Greek is synonymous to "a piece of cake". The name "Pasta Flora" has probably been misinterpreted.
Greek Pasta Flora or else sweet jam pie step by step
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the sugar till is one nice mix. Let it cold for some minutes..
- Put in a bowl the butter mix and the egg. Add slowly the flour. Try to add flour slowly so you can work with a spatula the mix..
- Take the pan and put some butter in the round and base. Then with the hands put in the base of the pan the paste and fill the whole surface. Make sure you keep some paste for the round edge paste and decoratio. No need to make a thick bottom since will rise in the oven so make sure that is just covering the surface of the pan..
- Work with the fingers a small amount of paste in the shape of paste cords and put them around the base of paste in order when you will put the jam won't go below the base..
- Put the jam in the center of the paste and evenly spread it with a spatula..
- Again with your hands work the extra paste in order to make strings to put above the jam and make a design of squares..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees for about 20 minutes or till the paste above is taking a good golden color. Enjoy!.
This Greek pasta flora recipe doesn't actually contain any pasta. It's a Greek dessert made with jame. SEE ALSO Cheese Souffle with a bechamel base. Pasta flora (Greek Jam Tart) with apricot Traditional Greek Christmas Cookies with almonds and chocolate topping (Κourabiedes). M Beef with red sauce and Horio Graviera.
Thank you mother yani for sharing How to Prepare Yummy Greek Pasta Flora or else sweet jam pie, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp