All in One Shepherd’s / Cottage Pie. .with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face – especially when you get seconds!
Okay, now that we have all those search keywords inserted, we can. Cottage/Shepherd's Pie recipe: Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is Regardless of what you call it, a shepherd's pie is basically a casserole with a layer of cooked meat and When you dig in you get a spoonful of mashed potatoes, some crispy bits, meat, and vegetables all in one bite. The difference between Shepherd's Pie and Cottage Pie is the meat. You can cook All in One Shepherd’s / Cottage Pie using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of All in One Shepherd’s / Cottage Pie
- You need 500 Grams of Beef Mince.
- You need 2 of large Onions.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Cooking Oil.
- Prepare 500 grams of Potatoes.
- You need 100 grams of Butter.
- It’s 4 of large Carrots.
- Prepare Cup of peas (frozen).
- Prepare Cup of Sweetcorn (frozen).
- Prepare Cup of diced Sweet Peppers.
- You need 2 of Stock Cubes.
- You need Cup of hot water.
- You need of Sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese.
I called this recipe Shepherd's Pie. But, I wrote the recipe so that you could use ground beef or ground lamb. Mash the potatoes and stir until all the ingredients are mixed together. Oh, how I love Shepherd's pie.
All in One Shepherd’s / Cottage Pie step by step
- Cut Potatoes into small cubes and put into a pan of boiling water. Bring to boil and then turn down to a simmer for about 15-20 minutes..
- Peel and chop Carrots into small cubes / pieces and put into boiling water. Bring to boil and then turn down to a simmer..
- Peel and dice Onions, add to a large pot with the butter, cook, stirring until golden brown..
- Add Beef Mince to Onions and mix well. Cook until brown all over, then dissolve stock cubes in the hot water and add to the Beef mix..
- Drain and add carrots to Beef mix, then add peas, sweetcorn, mixed peppers and stir well..
- Put beef mix in an oven dish, filling it to about 2/3 full..
- Drain Potatoes, put in a large bowl, with the butter, and mash until smooth and creamy. Spoon onto top of beef mix, spreading it out and smoothing the top. Decorate using a fork, if you wish. Sprinkle over the Parmesan Cheese..
- Put dish in medium hot oven for about 30-45 minutes until golden brown..
- If you try this dish, please take a photo and share on Cook Pad to show others!!.
It depends on whether you use lamb or beef. And if Gordon Ramsay catches you using beef and calling it Shepherd's Pie, he might just go all.well, Gordon Ramsay on you. He's mentioned this several times on the boob tube, with more than a trace. Shepherd's Pie and Cottage Pie are very similar. When the mince is thoroughly browned stir through the flour and cook for one minute.
Thank you sister sri for sharing How to Cook Appetizing All in One Shepherd’s / Cottage Pie, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp