Vickys Best EVER Chocolate Cake w Secret Avocado! GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Best EVER Chocolate Cake w Secret Avocado! GF DF EF SF NF using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Best EVER Chocolate Cake w Secret Avocado! GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s of Dry Ingredients.
- You need 480 grams of plain flour or a gluten-free flour mix.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of heaped unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of plus a pinch xanthan gum – not required for wheat based flour.
- Prepare of Wet Ingredients.
- It’s 400 grams of sugar.
- It’s 60 ml of oil – almond or vegetable.
- Prepare 1 of medium soft, ripe avocado.
- It’s 480 ml of water.
- It’s of Other Wet ingredients.
- It’s 2 tbsp of white vinegar / cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of Frosting.
- You need 2 of medium avocado, ripe and well mashed.
- It’s 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 450 grams of icing/powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Vickys Best EVER Chocolate Cake w Secret Avocado! GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat oven to gas 4 /180C / 350°F and grease, line and flour 2 x 8 inch round tins.
- Puree the first set of wet ingredients together in a blender.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl, then add in the avocado mix and combine until smooth. Gluten free flour will require extra water added, around 30 – 60 mls (up to 1/4 cup).
- Mix the other set of wet ingredients together and stir quickly into the batter, only stirring 7 or 8 times.
- Split the batter between the two tins, put straight into the oven and bake for 35 – 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool in the tins for 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting add the lemon juice to the avocado and beat until a bit paler, then gradually add in icing sugar and mix the vanilla in at the end.
- The frosting will keep in the fridge until needed, it won't go brown. Use it to sandwich the cakes together then to decorate the top.
- You don't have to use this particular frosting. I use a variety such as caramel, chocolate and vanilla. The green doesn't appeal to everyone, I use it as the wow factor.
- This is the marble cake version. Just leave out the cocoa powder in the main batter. When you bake the two tins, divide half the plain batter between them and add half of the cocoa powder to the remaining batter mix. Dollop some of the cocoa batter on top of the plain batter and swirl it through with a knife – not too much! Bake as normal.
Thank you tante ridha for sharing Recipe: Appetizing Vickys Best EVER Chocolate Cake w Secret Avocado! GF DF EF SF NF, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp