Instant Indonesian “Soto Ayam” (Yellow Chicken Soup).
You can have Instant Indonesian “Soto Ayam” (Yellow Chicken Soup) using 30 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant Indonesian “Soto Ayam” (Yellow Chicken Soup)
- It’s 2 of litters chicken broth (you can substitute with chicken powder and water).
- It’s 2 stalks of lemon grass the white part.
- Prepare 3 of tiny slices galangal.
- It’s 4 of lemon kafir leaves.
- Prepare 2-3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare of For the spices:.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper (any peppers white or black).
- You need 1 tsp of ginger powder (you can used the fresh ginger).
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 5-7 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/2 of onion chopped (you can used shallots).
- It’s of Oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s of For topping:.
- You need of Cooked rice or cooked noodle (vermicelli noodle).
- You need of Shredded cabbage.
- It’s of Tiny sliced green onion.
- Prepare leaves of Chopped celery or Chinese celery.
- Prepare of Fried shallots.
- You need of Roasted plain peanut (optional).
- It’s of Lime wedges.
- You need of Hard boiled eggs.
- It’s of Sweet soy sauce (optional).
- You need of For chilli sauce:.
- It’s of Chilies.
- You need 1 pinch of chicken powder.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
Instant Indonesian “Soto Ayam” (Yellow Chicken Soup) step by step
- Boil the broth a big pan along with the lemon grass, lemon kafir leaves, bay leaves, and galanga. When it’s boiling and turn down the heat to the simmer..
- Meanwhile grind all the spices accept oil into pasta. I use a blender to blend all the spices..
- Now heat up the oil in a pan add the spices pasta and stir well until aromat and cooked through. Then transfer into the broth, season with salt. Cover let it cook and simmer for about 20 minutes. Adjust the taste before turn off the heat. Usually I leave it in simmer until ready to serve..
- While waiting for the broth, let’s make the chilli sauce. In a small pan add chilies and water. Bring it to boil for 5-10 minutes then take it off and drained it. Using a blender put the chilies in it add 2-3 tbsp broth, salt, pinch of chicken powder, and blend it. Scraped the chilli pasta out from the blender and transfer to the bowl. Add lemon juice and stir well, don’t forget to adjust the taste,and set asides..
- To assembly: Using a bowl (medium-big soup bowl) add a bit of rice and noodle or you can choose either one, than tops with shredded cabbage, shredded chicken, and ladle the hot broth into the bowl. Then sprinkle sliced green onion, chopped or sliced celery, fried shallots, roasted peanut, half hard boiled eggs, spoon of chilli sauce, and squeezed lemon juice..
- And it’s done! Now you have a delicious satisfying meal that you can enjoy in any time and any season. Enjoy!.
Thank you sister yuni for sharing Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Instant Indonesian “Soto Ayam” (Yellow Chicken Soup), hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp