Shepherd's Pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. What follows is a simple recipe for a ground beef version of Shepherd's Pie..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to.
This easy shepherd's pie is a layered casserole of ground beef and veggies in a homemade gravy. It's topped with Cheddar cheese mashed potatoes. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. You can cook Shepherd's Pie using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie
- Prepare 2 lbs of Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced.
- You need 1 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare of Large onion, diced.
- It’s 1/2 of each red, yellow, green pepper diced.
- It’s 2 Tbs of each rosemary and Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of each onion and garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of AP flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of low sodium beef stock.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk (I used almond).
- Prepare 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 lb of bag frozen corn.
- Prepare to taste of S&P.
The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Tender ground lamb (or beef) and chopped vegetables cooked in a rich gravy Learn How to make Shepherd's Pie and enjoy this easy and comforting recipe year-round. This lightened up Shepherd's Pie recipe, filled with lean ground beef, veggies, and topped with yukon gold mashed potatoes would be perfect for all you meat and potato lovers out there! Growing up, my family had a tradition of big Sunday dinners.
Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Peel and dice potatoes. Add to pot of water..
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are very soft.
- While potatoes are cooking, dice onion and peppers.
- Add 2 Tbs olive oil to skillet and once hot, add onion and peppers. Cook til translucent.
- Add ground beef and seasoning to skillet and cook until no longer pink.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Add flour to skillet and cook a few minutes, stirring often.
- Add stock and cook until thickened. Turn off heat.
- Once potatoes are soft, drain and put back into the pot with butter and milk and S&P. Mash..
- In a greased deep 9×13 baking dish, add beef mixture. Add corn, and top with potatoes.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until top is golden.
- I like to top it with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and cook until melted..
Nearly every Sunday we'd go to our grandparents house for some kind of pot roast or ground beef dish, mashed potatoes. Make this easy shepherd's pie of a wintry evening – comfort food at its best. Shepherd's Pie is a traditional Irish dish made with ground lamb cooked with peas and carrots and topped with a mashed potato crust. Easy and tasty, all year round! Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef.
Thank you mother amel for sharing Recipe: Yummy Shepherd's Pie, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp