Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup.
You can cook Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup
- It’s 2 of chicken breast, boiled cooled and shredded (or use rotisserie).
- Prepare 2.5 cups of fresh kale, chopped.
- It’s 1 of large onion, diced.
- It’s 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 3 of celery, diced.
- You need 2 of small-medium carrots, diced.
- Prepare 2 tbs of flour.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 1.5 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cream (half&half is fine).
- You need 6 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of rice (uncooked).
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1 of dried bay leaf.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup instructions
- In a large pot, heat oil with butter on medium high heat. Sautee onion and garlic until onion translucent. Then add your carrots and celery, cook for 4 min..
- Add the flour to the pot and cook for 2-3 min. Add your milk and cream to the pot. Cook for 5 more min, the mixture should be pretty thick..
- Add your shredded chicken to the pot and stir to combine. Add all of your chicken stock. Let this cook together for about 20 min. (On medium low).
- After 20 min, add your rice and kale to the pot, cook for another 30 min. (On medium low).
- The longer you let it cook, the thicker it will become..
- Note: if u boil bone in chicken for this recipe. Save the water you boiled the chicken in, just strain it to remove any icky parts and add that to your soup if you dont have stock..
- This makes a lot of soup, the leftovers are even better if you can imagine!!.
Thank you sister sri for sharing Recipe: Perfect Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp