Chicken Pot “No Pie” with Buttermilk Biscuits. Make this delicious, flavorful, chicken pot (no pie) pie in your Instant Pot® pressure cooker. Not necessary to pre-saute the chicken or onions. All of the chicken pot pie flavors are in this, but I must say I do miss the crust.
This is a combo of my Chicken Pot Pie filling and my mother in-law's Biscuit Style Crust. This is awesome with a double crust, but if you are watching your fat intake, it is also yummy with just a top. My garlic cheddar biscuits make men weep. You can cook Chicken Pot “No Pie” with Buttermilk Biscuits using 19 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot “No Pie” with Buttermilk Biscuits
- It’s of Chicken pot pie.
- You need 15 strips of chicken (diced).
- It’s 5-6 of medium-sized potatoes (cubed).
- Prepare 1 of frozen bag of peas (I buy a mixed package with corn, peas, and carrots inside).
- You need 1/2 of onion (diced).
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken broth.
- You need of Desired amount of salt.
- Prepare of Desired amount pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need of Buttermilk biscuits.
- It’s 4 cups of AP flour.
- It’s 4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter (for brushing).
I do not even know why we call this chicken pot pie. Instead, it's a chicken casserole kinda thing but with biscuits atop. I love some chicken pot pie, but this way just saves me a little time. I use a garlic press because I hate my hands smelling like garlic, judge me if you want, but I am no Rachel Ray.
Chicken Pot “No Pie” with Buttermilk Biscuits instructions
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius. (375 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Then, in a large bowl combine your dry ingredients using a whisk..
- Add the butter into flour mixture and crumble with your fingers..
- Gradually add in the buttermilk and mix with your hands until you have formed a ball of dough. If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, see step 5 for instructions on how to make your own. (I always make it from scratch for this recipe.).
- You can easily make buttermilk with whole milk and either lemon juice or white vinegar. For every 1/2 cup of milk you use, add 1/2 tsp of lemon juice or white vinegar; whisk together..
- Roll our your dough, then fold in half. Roll out again, and fold once more. Then roll out the dough until it’s between 1 1/2 – 2 inches thick. (Folding the dough over builds up layers making your biscuits thicker.).
- Next, using a biscuit cutter or a glass cup, cut out your biscuits and place on a cooking tray that has been lined with parchment paper. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown..
- Melt 2 tbsp butter and lightly brush the tops of the biscuits using a pastry brush..
- Now, let’s make the chicken pot pie filling. First, wash and peel your potatoes. Then, cut them into small cubes and set aside..
- Next, cut the chicken strips into equal bite-sized chunks. Set aside..
- Add the minced garlic and 1/2 onion to a pan and sauté until translucent. Once it’s translucent, add the potatoes and cook on medium-low heat for 8 minutes..
- Now is a good time to preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Add the frozen veggies and cook for 4 minutes..
- Then, pour in the chicken broth and add the diced chicken. Place a lid over the pan and stir occasionally to make sure all the pieces of chicken are cooked; cook on medium heat for 8 minutes. (Pre-cooking your chicken is also an option, however I learned from experience that when you do that the chicken tends to be a lot drier.).
- Once the chicken is cooked, evenly coat everything in the pan with the flour. Stir quickly to avoid lumps. Then, add the butter and stir well..
- Pour everything into your oven safe cooking dish and put in the oven. Bake for 40 minutes..
- C’mon!! ??.
The best kind of chicken pot pies are the kinds with the LEAST amount of work. No pie crust allowed: With a genius puff pastry crust, these chicken pot pies are quick to throw together during the week. It's basically a chicken pot pie with no pie! I can never seem to make enough of it. Let cool and split in half.
Thank you sister dian for sharing Easiest Way to Make Yummy Chicken Pot “No Pie” with Buttermilk Biscuits, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp