Chicken with rice and ground meat – riz 3a djej. This delicious Lebanese rice with chicken dish known as roz a djej in Arabic, is served at every large family gathering, party, and holiday dinner (Even Thanksgiving!). The warm spices with ground beef and rice make it the perfect rice dish to be served alongside rotisserie chickens, a large turkey, roast. I'm Anthony Rahayel, passionate Lebanese, dental surgeon by profession, professional photographer, advocate of great food, blogger.
Flavorful, seasoned rice, topped with juicy chicken and studded with nuts—it is, for me, the purest definition of comfort food. This chicken and rice dish will warm you up just as any fall soup with the subtle heat of chipotle chiles in adobe. Whoops, I wish there was an 'edit' button. You can have Chicken with rice and ground meat – riz 3a djej using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken with rice and ground meat – riz 3a djej
- It’s 4 of chicken thighs.
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts.
- You need 300 g of finely ground beef.
- It’s 2 cups of white rice.
- It’s 1 of big onion.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of pine nuts, roasted.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of almonds, roasted.
- You need 5 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 liters of water.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 3 of cardamom pods.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
I meant to say I added the chicken with the rice, so as not to over-cook the *chicken*. This famous and authentic Moroccan Chicken known as Djej Makalli is packed so full of amazing flavors, it will make your taste buds sing! One of the most renowned and popular dishes in Morocco, Djej Makalli combines two staple ingredients of Moroccan cuisine: Preserved lemons and olives. This recipe requires a few steps to it but every step is easy with simple ingredients.
Chicken with rice and ground meat – riz 3a djej step by step
- In a frying pan, lightly fry the chicken pieces on both sides in 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Remove and put in a saucepan. The chicken shouldn't be completely cooked..
- Add 2 liters of water over the chicken pieces and let it boil. As the water boils remove with a spoon any foam that might form on the water surface. Discard. Once the foam removed add 1 onion, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods and bay leaves to the water. Cover the pan with a lid keeping a small opening to prevent the water to overflow while boiling. Keep on medium heat until the chicken is well cooked..
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the saucepan and set aside. Strain the chicken broth and keep aside for later use..
- In a deep pan, fry the chopped onion with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil until golden, then add the ground meat and keep on cooking until meat turns brown..
- Add the rice, salt, pepper and cinnamon. Toss for 2 min then add 4 cups of chicken broth. Cover and let it simmer for 25 min or until rice is well cooked..
- To serve, put the rice in a large plate, place the chicken pieces on top. Sprinkle with the roasted almonds and pine nuts..
The combination of ginger and garlics, lots of them, is just amazing when eaten together with the chicken and rice. The top countries of suppliers are India, China. This version combines basmati rice and red lentils with ground meat and warming Indian spices. Kheema, for minced or ground meat, may also be spelled keema or qeema. You can find garam masala in many grocery stores or online.
Thank you tante ulin for sharing Easiest Way to Make Perfect Chicken with rice and ground meat – riz 3a djej, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp