Mom's chicken salad. I'd bring my mom's chicken salad with me to school in a zippered cooler, where other kids would beg fruitlessly for me to trade lunches. My friends would ask for it when they came over to my house. Learn how to prepare this easy Mom's Chicken Salad recipe like a pro.
This recipe my mom found years ago. This is my favorite chicken salad of all time. Chicken Salad is like a box of chocolates. You can have Mom's chicken salad using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mom's chicken salad
- You need 6 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped bread and butter pickles.
- You need 1 of chopped small onion.
- You need 4 of chopped celery ribs.
- It’s 2 cups of kraft mayo.
- Prepare 1 cup of miracle whip.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
You never know what you're gonna git. Everyone likes chicken salad different ways: ground up and fine, large and chunky, chock full of onions, nuts. Cook or bake chicken breasts, then cube or shred. (Can also buy precooked and diced chicken). Light and delicious, this easy chicken salad recipe is one of my favorite ways to keep lunch simple.
Mom's chicken salad step by step
- Boil the chicken until done.. cool completely and clean all fat etc off.. chop and shred.
- Mix all ingredients together and chill..
- If it soaks up the mayo alot.. which breasts tend to do. Add more mayo and miracle whip.. I like mine a bit dry…
- This recipe makes a good bit.. great for celebrations and parties…
- I serve with fresh crusty rolls or bread. it is also great with a variety of crackers..
- Side note.. if the breasts are small use 8 instead of 6.. fyi. I used 8 and an entire jar of mayo and 2 cups of miracle whip…
It's sweet with a bit of tang, and the apples and nuts give it just the right amount of crunch. Reviews for: Photos of Mom's Best Macaroni Salad. This healthy chicken salad recipe combines chicken, apple, grapes, celery, walnuts The only chicken salad I've ever tasted that I liked more was the family recipe that my friend Whitney makes. This chicken salad recipe is perfect with a fluffy jacket potato or some egg noodles and low-fat too. Use ready-roasted chicken to shred into your salad and pack up any leftovers for lunch the next day. "Skinny Mom Skinny Chicken Salad"!
Thank you tante yuni for sharing Recipe: Delicious Mom's chicken salad, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp