*EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter. I wanted to share my take on some of my favourite Caribbean dishes! By all means, every island makes things slightly. Spiced Jamaican Saltfish fritters – Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Claire Thomson: Salt fish is a really useful ingredient to have in the fridge, and it is easy to make your own. Try it in these delicious fritters. This Vegan Jamaican Salt Fish recipe is reminiscent of cook up salt fish that I grew up enjoying growing up in Jamaica. You can cook *EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of *EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter
- You need 1/3 cup of small diced green peppers.
- You need 1/3 cup of small diced onion.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Marinated artichoke chopped (optional).
- Prepare 2 cups of AP flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda OR baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of old bay season.
- Prepare 1 tsp of seafood season (if you have).
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need of Oil for frying (shallow fry).
Saltfish or dry salted cod has been a staple in Jamaica. Our national dish is prepared with saltfish and ackee. Jamaican Salt Fish Fritters: – Will take long to make- Really good- Adjust to your liking- Get Creative. There are many ways in which salt fish is prepared in the Caribbean but the most popular way is fried.
*EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter instructions
- Combine flour, baking soda and all spices. Combine well.
- Now add the peppers and onions (artichoke if you want) Artichoke is for fish like texture. Either way will be fine.
- Now little by little add the water. You need a thick pancake like consistency. Not too loose. You may NOT need all of the water.
- Once oil is hot, get a heaping spoon and carefully place the batter in the oil. Once hard one one side, flip and lightly flatten the fritter. For even cooking. May have to flip a few times. This should make about 8-10 fritters.
- Once golden brown. Sprinkle some salt and you’re done. Pair with some fried plantain. !!.
We say fried but what we really mean is sautéed with thyme, lots of onions, tomatoes, and hot pepper. ~ (@skromney) в Instagram: «Tan riquísima 😍! We had so much fun making this súper delicious VEGAN SALT FISH, it was 🔥 just like…» Comprehensive nutrition resource for Grace Fritter Mix, Salt Fish Flavoured. Nutritional Information, Diet Info and Calories in Fritter Mix, Salt Fish Flavoured from Grace. Salt-curing your own freshly caught fish not only saves room in the freezer, but it also connects you to an age-old preservation method.
Thank you tante linda for sharing Recipe: Perfect *EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp