Oven Fried Fish and Grits. How To Cook Healthy Fish and Grits. Combine the panko, olive oil, garlic powder, and dried dill or any seasoning of your choice in a frying pan and toast over medium heat until golden brown. The other day, my husband was asking for fish and chips but with my high cholesterol, I have to avoid things like that.
Fish and chips are traditionally sold wrapped in paper to soak up all the grease–not a good sign. To cut the calories in half and reduce the fat, we coat the delicate fish in a crispy cornflake crust and then bake it along with sliced potatoes. My baked fish is a shoo-in when you want fish and chips without the frying mess. You can have Oven Fried Fish and Grits using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven Fried Fish and Grits
- It’s 1 of Cod Filet.
- Prepare 1 of Serving of quick cook grits.
- Prepare 1 of Zucchini Chopped into bite size pieces.
- It’s A few of grape or cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Flour (you can omit this if you like).
- You need of olive oil.
- It’s of nonstick cooking spray.
- You need of Cajun seasoning.
- You need 1 Tbsp of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare To Taste of Salt & Pepper.
Dare I say, they're a little upgrade from the English pub classic. Oven-Fried Fish & Chips Recipe photo by Taste of Home. There are lots of baked fish recipes out there, but this oven-fried version is hands-down our favorite. It would also taste great served on a bun with tartar sauce and a slice.
Oven Fried Fish and Grits step by step
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray..
- Mix the egg and milk together and place your cod filet in it to soak while you prepare everything else (no longer than 15 minutes.).
- Place vegetables in a foil boat with a drizzle of olive oil and some salt and pepper. Then fold the foil tightly..
- Mix together flour, panko bread crumbs, and Cajun seasoning. take the cod out of the milk and egg and dredge in dry mixture. Then dunk back into the milk and eggs and again into the dry. Lay filet on baking sheet and spray with cooking spray..
- Place the vegetable pack on the same pan with the fish. Cook on the middle rack of oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes (or until fish is crispy and cooked through.).
- While your fish and veggies cook in the oven prepare the grits per packaged instructions. When they are almost done add the cream and butter and whisk well until smooth and creamy. Salt and pepper to taste..
- When fish is done remove from oven. Carefully open the foil pack. With a fork gentle burst the tomatoes (if not already.) This is what makes the sauce..
- Spoon your grits into a bowl. Top with some veggies and sauce. Then Place your Crispy fish on top..
This Crispy Oven Fried Fish gets super crunchy and will be a new favorite for kids and adults alike. The trick to getting batter to stick to fish for oven frying is pretty simple. It's all about dipping the fillet pieces in the right ingredients in the right order Oven-Fried Fish and Chips. Rating: This recipe has not been rated. For Fish: Mix mayo, Old Bay, cayenne pepper, lemon juice and water in a small bowl.
Thank you mother wati for sharing How to Cook Yummy Oven Fried Fish and Grits, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp