Vickys Basic Porridge with Topping Variations, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Basic Porridge with Topping Variations, GF DF EF SF NF using 28 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Basic Porridge with Topping Variations, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need of Basic Porridge Recipe.
- Prepare 125 grams of rolled porridge oats.
- It’s 400 ml of water.
- Prepare 350 ml of milk of choice.
- It’s of Honey Nut Topping.
- Prepare 400 grams of chopped hazelnuts.
- It’s 30 grams of flaked almonds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of runny honey/maple syrup.
- Prepare 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 2 of sliced bananas.
- You need of Seeded Topping.
- You need 75 grams of dried cranberries.
- You need 1 tbsp of linseeds/flaxseeds.
- It’s 1 tbsp of shelled sunflower seeds.
- It’s 250 grams of low-fat plain yogurt.
- You need of Fruity Topping.
- Prepare 300 grams of mixed berries.
- It’s 50 grams of dried apple.
- You need 4 tsp of runny honey/maple syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 250 grams of low-fat plain yogurt.
- You need of Compote Topping.
- It’s 100 grams of dried apricots, chopped.
- Prepare 150 ml of orange juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 of cardamom pods, squashed.
- It’s 2 tbsp of unsalted pistachio nuts, chopped.
Vickys Basic Porridge with Topping Variations, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- To make the Basic porridge recipe, put the oats, water and milk in a pan and bring to the boil stirring frequently. Reduce to a simmer for 6 minutes or until thickened. You can serve plain with sugar/salt to taste or use one of the following topping recipes.
- For the Honey Nut topping, preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line a baking tray. Combine the nuts, sugar, honey/syrup and cinnamon then spread over the tray. Bake for 10 minuted, cool, then use as topping for the basic recipe with some sliced banana.
- For the Seeded topping, simply stir the seeds and cranberries through the basic porridge and top with some plain yogurt.
- For the Fruity topping, stir the apple and cinnamon into the basic porridge and top each bowl with some berries, yogurt and a drizzle of honey.
- For the Compote topping, put everything except the pistachios into a small saucepan and let simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened and syrupy. Top the basic porridge with the compote and sprinkle the pistachios over the top.
- Using gluten-free oats, alternative non-dairy milk such as coconut, rice or almond milk and coconut milk yogurt makes these recipes gluten, dairy & soy-free https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/338845-vickys-coconut-yogurt-by-easiyo-yogurt-maker-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-free https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/333084-vickys-homemade-rice-milk-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-free.
- See my other posted porridge recipes for even more topping ideas.
Thank you tante diah for sharing Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Vickys Basic Porridge with Topping Variations, GF DF EF SF NF, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp