Vickys Christmas Cranberry & Pistachio Cookies, GF DF EF SF.
You can have Vickys Christmas Cranberry & Pistachio Cookies, GF DF EF SF using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Christmas Cranberry & Pistachio Cookies, GF DF EF SF
- It’s 370 grams of gluten-free / plain flour (3 cups).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- It’s 235 grams of sunflower spread / butter (1 cup).
- Prepare 170 grams of golden caster sugar (3/4 cup).
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 40 grams of chopped dried cranberries (1/3 cup).
- Prepare 40 grams of chopped shelled pistachios (3/8 cup).
- Prepare of cold water as needed to bind.
- You need of icing sugar to decorate.
Vickys Christmas Cranberry & Pistachio Cookies, GF DF EF SF step by step
- In a bowl, rub together the flour, xanthan gum if using, salt and butter with your fingertips to form breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar and knead into a dough, adding a few drops cold water as required to help it come together.
- Knead in the nuts and cranberries then form a sausage shape from the dough about 4cm in diameter.
- Wrap in clingfilm and chill for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line a baking tray.
- Cut the dough into 24 pieces and roll into balls, then flatten with the palm of your hand. I find it easiest to cut the dough into quarters then mark with a knife 6 lines on each quarter sausage then cut through into even slices.
- Place on the baking tray and bake for 14 – 18 minutes until slightly golden.
- Let sit on the baking tray a couple of minutes before cooling completely on a wire rack then dust lightly with icing sugar.
- You can freeze half of the dough for later use if required. It'll keep for around 3 months.
- You can leave out the pistachios if you can't tolerate nuts or exchange them for sunflower seeds.
Thank you mother linda for sharing Recipe: Tasty Vickys Christmas Cranberry & Pistachio Cookies, GF DF EF SF, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp