Vodka Sauce. In a skillet over medium heat, saute onion in butter until slightly brown and soft. This past weekend he made a classic Russian dish…borscht while I made homemade vodka sauce. I add both to the sauce just before I add the pasta and it is divine!!
What's cool about vodka sauce isn't who came up with it, but rather how delicious it is. What else makes this sauce great? Well, if you look at enough vodka sauce recipes out there, you'll find that. You can have Vodka Sauce using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vodka Sauce
- It’s 1 tablespoon of butter.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of small onion chopped.
- It’s 1 (28 oz) of can plum tomatoes chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vodka.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
Add the pasta to the sauce and toss to combine, adding some of the reserved cooking water to loosen, if needed. Learn how to make vodka sauce with Chef Mark from LearnToCook.com. For a complete recipe to accompany this video please visit. Vodka adds a spicy flavor to this popular Italian American sauce.
Vodka Sauce instructions
- Melt butter with oil in large saucepan.
- Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and cook until no liquid remains. Stir frequently (about 20 min).
- Add cream, vodka and red pepper and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 min.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Tip: vodka sauce is best served with a tubular dried pasta such as penne, rigatoni, or even gnocchi!.
Review Body: A wonderful and simple recipe for Vodka sauce. My son loves vodka sauce in restaurants but. This is the best vodka sauce any of us in the test kitchen have ever had. Here's the secret to how we made our favorite Penne Alla Vodka recipe at Delish. Vodka sauce is a classic topper for a bowl of penne or rigatoni.
Thank you tante ida for sharing How to Make Yummy Vodka Sauce, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp