Carrot Koftas in Spicy Sauerkraut Sauce (vegan).
You can have Carrot Koftas in Spicy Sauerkraut Sauce (vegan) using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot Koftas in Spicy Sauerkraut Sauce (vegan)
- Prepare of carrot koftas.
- You need 1 medium of carrot, peeled and shredded.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of gram (besan/garbanzo/chick pea) flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried chilli flakes.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of (gluten free – if necessary) baking powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
- Prepare of sauerkraut sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Indian curry paste (I used korma paste).
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato paste/purée.
- You need 1 tbsp of hot tamarind sauce or HP sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of maybe more – water.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sauerkraut.
Carrot Koftas in Spicy Sauerkraut Sauce (vegan) instructions
- Mix all the kofta ingredients in a bowl until you have a sticky soft mixture.
- Heat oil (canola/groundnut/vegetable oil) for deep frying to 180 C.
- In a skillet, fry the paste to release its spices, about a minute.
- Add the tomato paste add stir in.
- Add the water a quarter cup at a time to make a gravy, followed by the tamarind sauce.
- Add the sauerkraut and mix in.
- Leave to simmer on a low heat, adding tbsp's of water if getting too dry.
- Meanwhile use two spoons to shape small bite size amounts of the carrot mixture into balls and carefully drop them into the hot oil.
- Fry the carrot koftas for about 3 or 4 minutes, or until they are browned and crispy.
- Drain the koftas of oil, then mix them into the sauce.
- Serve immediately..
Thank you mother sri for sharing Easiest Way to Make Tasty Carrot Koftas in Spicy Sauerkraut Sauce (vegan), hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp