Vickys Red Pepper and Chilli Chutney, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Red Pepper and Chilli Chutney, GF DF EF SF NF using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Red Pepper and Chilli Chutney, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of onions, finely sliced.
- Prepare 4 of medium tomatoes, chopped.
- You need 4 of red chillies, deseeded if desired, finely chopped.
- You need 120 grams of dark brown sugar.
- You need 120 ml of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 of red bell peppers, deseeded and quartered.
Vickys Red Pepper and Chilli Chutney, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Fry the onions in the oil over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened, stirring often.
- Stir in the tomatoes, chillies, sugar, vinegar and salt and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat down to a simmer and cover for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile line a baking tray with foil and place the pepper quarters skin up on it.
- Put under a high heat grill / broiler for 5 minutes or until the skin blackens.
- Put the peppers in a ziplock bag or a tupperware container to steam for 5 minutes. The skins should easily peel off now.
- Finely slice them and add them to the pan.
- Cook uncovered for 45 minutes or until the chutney has reduced and thickened.
- Spoon into hot sterilized jars and screw the lids on. To sterilize your jars, wash them in hot, soapy water, dry them well then put them in the oven preheated to gas 1 / 140C / 275°F for 10 minutes.
- Let cool then store in a dark place and use within 3 months.
- Makes around 2lbs so serving size is by pound / per lb jar.
Thank you tante linda for sharing Recipe: Perfect Vickys Red Pepper and Chilli Chutney, GF DF EF SF NF, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp