Casserole of eggplants stuffed with ground meat – sheikh el mehshi.
You can cook Casserole of eggplants stuffed with ground meat – sheikh el mehshi using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Casserole of eggplants stuffed with ground meat – sheikh el mehshi
- It’s 1 kg of small eggplants.
- Prepare 400 g of coarsely ground beef.
- You need 1 of medium onion, finely chopped.
- You need 2 of large tomatoes, peeled and sliced.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, dissolved in 3 cups water.
- You need 1/4 cup of pine nuts.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of vegetable oil, for frying eggplants.
- You need 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, for frying onions, pine nuts and meat.
Casserole of eggplants stuffed with ground meat – sheikh el mehshi instructions
- In a deep skillet, heat the vegetable oil and fry the eggplants on high heat until tender and brown. Remove from oil and place on a kitchen absorbent paper..
- In another skillet fry the chopped onion until golden and tender, add the pine nuts, toss for a few seconds then add the ground meat with the cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper and stir until meat is brown. Set aside..
- In a baking tray, place the fried eggplants and make a slit, lengthwise, in the middle of each one. Fill each eggplant with enough ground meat..
- Layer the tomato slices over them and pour the dissolved tomato paste. Make sure the eggplants are covered with water. Sprinkle with salt..
- Bake in the oven on medium heat for around 30 min. Do not allow all liquid to evaporate..
- Serve with vermicelli rice on the side..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'vermicelli rice' under my profile..
Thank you sister wati for sharing Recipe: Tasty Casserole of eggplants stuffed with ground meat – sheikh el mehshi, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp