Smothered Beef Burritos.
You can cook Smothered Beef Burritos using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smothered Beef Burritos
- It’s 1 of package of flour tortillas.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 cup of diced white onion.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese, divided.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped green onion.
- You need 1 of package of sour cream.
- It’s 1 of package of taco seasoning.
- You need 1 of garlic salt to taste.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of tablespoons of chili powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 of Can of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 cup of Beef broth.
- You need 2 of teaspoons of cumin or to taste ( I like lots).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 of seasoned salt to taste.
Smothered Beef Burritos step by step
- Brown hamburger in saucepan adding the diced white onion then the taco seasoning and any additional salt. Taste as you go, add salt last..
- Set hamburger aside, cover and keep in warm over (not over 250°).
- Using the same hamburger pan heat olive oil on low-med heat. Add chili powder and flour wishing constantly for 1 minute..
- Add beef broth and tomato sauce and bring to a simmer..
- Add seasonings and simmer for 10 -15 minutes, sauce will reduce and thicken..
- Turn burner on high and fire roast the flour tortillas for a few seconds or till speckled (not too burnt) TIP: for electric stoves move the tortilla around on the burner quickly to heat it evenly and speckle it..
- Place hamburger and some cheese in tortilla, fold in ends and roll nice and snug..
- Smother with the sauce, sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese, top with cilantro, green onions, even shredded lettuce if you want then sour cream..
Thank you tante ida for sharing Recipe: Perfect Smothered Beef Burritos, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp