Vickys 'Velveeta' Cheese with Vegan Options.
You can cook Vickys 'Velveeta' Cheese with Vegan Options using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys 'Velveeta' Cheese with Vegan Options
- Prepare 450 grams of white American style cheese* / mild white cheddar, grated/shredded.
- You need 225 grams of mature Cheddar style cheese, grated/shredded.
- It’s 360 ml of whole milk or full fat coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of powdered gelatine or agar mixed with 1tbsp water.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt (or to taste).
Vickys 'Velveeta' Cheese with Vegan Options instructions
- *A mild, white cheddar is great here if you can't get real American cheese but I use 'Veganic' brand name 'cheeses', they're all vegan, gluten, soy & nut-free, come in many flavours and styles and can be purchased from various online sites including www.amazon.co.uk and www.goodnessdirect.com. They are the best melting vegan cheeses I've tried and set up again well too.
- Microwave all the ingredients in a bowl on high for 5 minutes, stirring every minute. It will be a bit watery during the first few minutes but will be perfectly smooth and runny after everything has melted together.
- You can now serve immediately as a dip for tortilla chips or you can let cool and refrigerate / freeze in portions. Remember to line your moulds with clingfilm – I got distracted and forgot so it was hard to show the set but it will slice well once set if you line the moulds. To melt just reheat in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until hot and creamy.
- Use as you would store bought Velveeta, for dips, mac n cheese etc. Will keep well for a week in the fridge. Makes around 900g / 2lbs.
- Add a 300g/10oz drained tin of tomatoes with chilli and a teaspoon of ground cumin in place of a third of the milk for a really delicious dip.
Thank you tante yuni for sharing Recipe: Perfect Vickys 'Velveeta' Cheese with Vegan Options, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp