Foodi Hearty Pasta Sauce.
You can cook Foodi Hearty Pasta Sauce using 19 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Foodi Hearty Pasta Sauce
- Prepare 2 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 lb of mild sausage.
- It’s 6 oz of pepperoni (chopped).
- It’s of (2) small onions (chopped).
- Prepare of (1) medium green pepper (chopped).
- Prepare 8 oz of sliced baby bella mushrooms.
- You need 3/4 oz of package fresh basil (chopped, divided into two piles).
- It’s 4 tsp of dried Italian seasoning (divided 2tsp each).
- You need 4 tsp of dried oregano seasoning (divided 2tsp each).
- You need 3 Tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need of (2) 28oz cans whole peeled tomatoes.
- You need of (2) 15oz cans tomato sauce.
- You need of (2) 6oz cans tomato paste.
- You need 30 oz of water (or less, see instructions).
- Prepare 8.5 oz of jar julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes with Italian herbs.
- You need 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of salted butter.
- It’s 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of (optional) 2-6Tbsp corn starch plus cold water.
Foodi Hearty Pasta Sauce step by step
- Insert the nanoceramic inner pot, no basket or rack. Turn the Foodi on saute, hi temp, and add ground beef, sausage, and pepperoni. Stir and break up meat as it cooks to crumble it. Cook until no pink (approx. 10 minutes).
- Add onions, green pepper, and mushrooms. Cook another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to cook evenly..
- Add half the basil and half the dried spices (oregano and Italian seasoning). Add minced garlic. Cook another 5 minutes until aromatic..
- Carefully hand-crush the whole tomatoes into the pot one by one by pushing them through your fingers using your thumb. Do this slowly, or you'll squirt yourself with juice. Dump the remaining juice from the can into the pot..
- Add the tomato sauce. Don't toss those empty cans yet..
- Add the tomato paste. (Tip: If you use a can opener on both the top and bottom lids but don't remove one lid, you can push the paste down using the remaining lid and won't need to try to scrape it out. Just be sure to take the metal lids out of the sauce and toss them!).
- Fill both the empty tomato sauce cans with water. Add the water to the pot being careful to leave at least one inch from the max line of the pot. If it's getting too high, use less water. (Ok to throw those cans away now. ?).
- Add the other half of the basil and dried spices. Add the entire jar of sun-dried tomatoes. Stir well..
- Now the fun part. Add the baking soda. The sauce will bubble. That's the acid reducing in the sauce. (No one likes heartburn.).
- Add the butter (cold is fine) to the top. Double check and make certain you haven't passed the max line of the Foodi pot..
- Put the pressure cooker lid on the Foodi and set it to seal..
- Switch the function from saute to pressure, lo temp, 30 minutes, and press start..
- Natural release 10 minutes. Then quick release. The quick release will take about 5 minutes. (Tip: This is when I start to boil water on the stove for whatever pasta I'll use.).
- Use a spoon and go just under the surface, lifting the oil off the top. Discard into a bowl. You won't remove all the oil. Just remove a decent amount. The oil adds flavor and mix right in with a good stir, so leaving some is good..
- Stir well and add the grated parmesan cheese. Stop here if you don't want a thicker sauce..
- Set Foodi back to saute but med temp. Rest a piece of foil or a simmer screen over the pot to avoid spatter. Cook 3 minutes to return to a boil. Don't try stirring yet because it will be bubbling quickly and you could burn yourself..
- Drop saute temp down to lo-md. Stir here, making sure to stir bottom..
- Add 2Tbsp cornstarch to 1/4 cup cold water in a cup and mix well. Pour into sauce and stir well. Keep stirring with a wooden spoon until sauce thickens. Repeat this step every 5 minutes until your sauce is as thick as you'the like. (4Tbsp is the sweet mark for me.).
- Serve over your choice of cooked pasta (e.g., spaghetti, rigatoni, rotini, etc) topped with grated Parmesan. Sides of salad and warm crusty garlic bread make it a perfect comfort food dinner..
Thank you mother ida for sharing How to Prepare Perfect Foodi Hearty Pasta Sauce, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp