Vickys Sweet & Sour Sauce.
You can have Vickys Sweet & Sour Sauce using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Prepare 1 of spray oil.
- It’s 1 of shallot, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of (as heaping as possible) cornflour / corn starch.
- It’s 3 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- You need 3 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of tomato paste / puree.
- It’s 170 ml of pineapple juice.
- Prepare 1 small of tin of pineapple chunks.
Vickys Sweet & Sour Sauce step by step
- Gently cook off the shallot until softened.
- Mix the cornflour and vinegar together in a bowl to make a slurry.
- Add in the ketchup, sugar, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, tomato paste and pineapple juice into the bowl and whisk together.
- Pour into the pan with the shallots. The liquid will look cloudy.
- Bring to the boil for 2 minutes until the mixture has turned a lovely red and thickened up.
- Stir through the pineapple chunks and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Adjust to taste, adding more vinegar or sugar as required.
- My mother used to add half a chopped green bell pepper and cooked it before adding the shallot to the pan.
Thank you sister yuli for sharing Recipe: Delicious Vickys Sweet & Sour Sauce, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp