Vickys Homemade Fruity Brown HP Sauce.
You can cook Vickys Homemade Fruity Brown HP Sauce using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Homemade Fruity Brown HP Sauce
- You need 240 ml of water.
- It’s 240 ml of vinegar (true HP sauce uses malt vinegar, I use white so it's gluten-free).
- It’s 120 ml of tomato puree/paste.
- It’s 180 ml of light molasses/treacle or maple syrup.
- It’s 60 ml of orange juice concentrate (diluting juice).
- It’s 10 of pitted dates, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of blackstrap molasses / dark treacle.
- You need 3 tbsp of apple juice.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tamarind paste.
- Prepare 180 ml of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of inch of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1/2 tsp of whole cloves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of whole black peppercorns.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of sea salt.
Vickys Homemade Fruity Brown HP Sauce instructions
- In a large pan over a medium heat, stir together the water, white vinegar, tomato paste, syrup, orange juice concentrate, dates, molasses, apple juice and tamarind. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a low simmer and let simmer covered for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Grind together the cinnamon stick, cloves, black peppercorns and mustard seed using a pestle and mortar or a spice/coffee grinder. Mix with the other spices.
- Use an immersion/stick blender to puree the mixture in the pan. Add the ground spice mixture, stir to blend and let simmer, covered, for another 30 – 45 minutes.
- Add the cider vinegar to the pan, stir to blend and again return to a simmer. Once it starts to simmer remove the pan from the heat and strain the hot mixture through a sieve into a clean pot. Keep the liquid, discard the pulp. Rinse the original pot and sieve the mixture back into original pot, return to heat and simmer until thick.
- Ladle the hot sauce mixture into hot, sterilized jars or bottles and seal. Allow to cool. Keeps indefinitely in cupboard but keep in the fridge after opening.
- Makes 500mls / 2 cups.
Thank you mother dian for sharing Recipe: Delicious Vickys Homemade Fruity Brown HP Sauce, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp