Vickys Remembrance Day Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Remembrance Day Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies GF DF EF SF NF using 14 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Remembrance Day Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare of Lemon Poppyseed Cookies.
- You need 170 grams of gold foil-wrapped Stork block (dairy & soy-free) / butter.
- It’s 170 grams of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of light coconut milk.
- You need 2 tsp of lemon zest.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 240 grams of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum if using gluten-free flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of poppy seeds.
- It’s of Icing.
- It’s 600 grams of icing / powdered sugar.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of gel food dye in red, black and green.
Vickys Remembrance Day Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Cream together the sugar and Stork / butter, then mix in the milk, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder and xanthan gum if using until you form a dough. Gluten-free flour may need an extra tablespoon of milk added in.
- Sprinkle in the poppy seeds and knead through.
- Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to gas 5 / 190C / 375°F.
- Roll or pat out the dough to around 5mm thick and cut rounds out with a 3 inch cookie cutter. I get between 24 – 30 depending on the flour I use.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes until golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix the icing sugar with just enough water to make a thick but spreadable glaze and pour some into a piping bag.
- Pipe a white background circle onto each cookie and let set.
- Remove 6 tablespoons of leftover white icing and colour 3 black and 3 green.
- Colour the rest red.
- The poppy emblem used by the British Legion is the shape of a number 8 with a wider bottom or a snowman if you can picture that better. Put the red icing in a piping bag and pipe that outline onto each cookie then go back and fill the shapes in.
- When the red has set use the black to pipe a dot in the middle of each poppy.
- Then use the green to make the stems or a leaf if you like.
- Let set for a good hour before serving.
- In memory of those who fought for their countries and laid down their lifes in the hope that the future could be lived in peace. Lest We Forget..
Thank you tante dian for sharing Recipe: Tasty Vickys Remembrance Day Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies GF DF EF SF NF, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp