Vickys Aubergine / Eggplant 'Bacon', GF DF EF SF NF VEGAN.
You can have Vickys Aubergine / Eggplant 'Bacon', GF DF EF SF NF VEGAN using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Aubergine / Eggplant 'Bacon', GF DF EF SF NF VEGAN
- You need 1 of medium aubergine / eggplant.
- You need of Marinade.
- You need 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce – see my gluten-free link below.
- It’s 1 tbsp of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil plus extra for greasing.
- Prepare 1 tsp of liquid smoke.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 pinch of chilli powder.
Vickys Aubergine / Eggplant 'Bacon', GF DF EF SF NF VEGAN instructions
- Cut the aubergine lengthwise into quarters.
- Now thinly slice each quarter lengthwise. A mandolin slicer is perfect for this but watch your fingers, they're lethal!.
- Lay the strips on a kitchen towel and salt generously. Don't worry, the salt is just to draw the bitter juices out. You'll notice that beads of liquid start to form on the tops of each strip. You won't be eating all that salt. Leave the strips sitting for at least 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes, rinse off the salt and pat dry with fresh kitchen towel.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to gas 7 / 210C / 425°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Brush both sides of each strip with oil and place on the baking tray.
- Cook for 7 minutes on each side, a total of 14 minutes in the oven.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool a bit while you make the marinade.
- Turn the oven heat down to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and set a wire rack above the lined baking tray.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together well https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/338187-vickys-homemade-worcestershire-sauce-vegan.
- Dip each aubergine slice in the marinade then place on the wire rack.
- Bake for a further 12 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove and let cool again.
- Great chopped up in salads and in BLT sandwiches!.
Thank you sister ridha for sharing Easiest Way to Make Perfect Vickys Aubergine / Eggplant 'Bacon', GF DF EF SF NF VEGAN, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp