Vickys Roasted Vegetable Strudel, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free, Vegetarian Christmas Dinner.
You can cook Vickys Roasted Vegetable Strudel, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free, Vegetarian Christmas Dinner using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Roasted Vegetable Strudel, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free, Vegetarian Christmas Dinner
- You need 6 of carrots.
- You need 1 of parsnip.
- Prepare 1 of sweet potato.
- You need 1 of turnip/swede.
- It’s 1 of red onion cut into wedges.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 6 of sheets of filo pastry, see my profile (vic20adamant) for a free-from recipe.
- Prepare 1 of oil & sunflower spread for greasing.
- You need 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of any other preferred seasoning.
Vickys Roasted Vegetable Strudel, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free, Vegetarian Christmas Dinner step by step
- Preheat your oven to gas 5 / 190C / 375°F.
- Peel and dice the carrots, parsnip, potato and swede so they're roughly the same size and put onto a baking tray with the onion wedges. Finely chop the garlic and add it too then give the whole thing a drizzle of oil and season with salt & pepper and any other seasonings of your choice eg paprika, mixed herbs etc.
- Toss to combine and roast for 35 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and golden. Cool on the tray for 10 minutes and turn the oven down to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F.
- Layer the 6 filo sheets onto a large greased baking tray and brush the top sheet with sunflower spread around the edges. Spoon the cooled veg in a line down the centre of the pastry sheet and wrap it over the top of the filling to create a firm sausage shape.
- Brush the next filo sheet with dairy-free spread around the edges and wrap it over the first sheet. Continue this process until all of the sheets have been buttered and wrapped around the filling, then brush spread all over the top and sides of the finished strudel.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden. Slice into quarters and serve with a nice green salad.
- Great if you have any other leftover vegetables – I often add onion, baby corn, asparagus, squash, anything I have sitting around! A squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of sugar tastes great over the roasted veg too.
Thank you tante ida for sharing Recipe: Yummy Vickys Roasted Vegetable Strudel, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free, Vegetarian Christmas Dinner, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp