Vickys Roasted Parsnip Nut Loaf, GF DF EF SF NF Vegan Christmas.
You can cook Vickys Roasted Parsnip Nut Loaf, GF DF EF SF NF Vegan Christmas using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Roasted Parsnip Nut Loaf, GF DF EF SF NF Vegan Christmas
- Prepare 600 grams of parsnips, peeled and halved.
- Prepare 100 grams of sweet potato, peeled and thickly chopped.
- Prepare 50 grams of potato, peeled and quartered.
- It’s 50 grams of swede, peeled and diced.
- It’s 50 grams of spinach.
- You need 1 of onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 200 grams of carrot, peeled and grated.
- You need 200 grams of roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped.
- You need 60 grams of roasted hazelnuts, chopped.
- You need 40 grams of blanched almonds, chopped.
- It’s 3 tbsp of parsley, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of gluten-free breadcrumbs or porridge oats.
- You need to taste of Maple syrup / Agave / Honey.
- It’s to taste of salt & pepper.
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
Vickys Roasted Parsnip Nut Loaf, GF DF EF SF NF Vegan Christmas instructions
- Pre-heat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400°F and lightly oil a baking tray. Put the parsnips in a pan of boiling salted water for 5 minutes then drain. Lay them on the greased baking tray and give them a drizzle of oil and honey or agave and bake for 20 minutes until just softening. Leave the oven on when done for baking the finished loaf.
- Meanwhile, bring the swede, sweet potato and potato to boil in salted water, then simmer until slightly softened and drain.
- Also fry off the onion and garlic in some oil until the onion is translucent, then add to the pan with the swede and potato.
- Cook off the spinach in some salted water for 5 minutes until wilted then drain and add to the swede pan.
- When the parsnips are done, add them to the swede pan with the spinach, parsley, lemon juice, nuts and grated carrot, salt & pepper to taste.
- (If you need to roast the peanuts and hazelnuts yourself do so before roasting the parsnip etc at gas 4 / 180C / 350°F until they turn a shade darker and the skins split. The skins will be easily rubbed off).
- Mash everything together well. You should be able to form a moist ball in your hand with the mixture. If it's too wet, add some breadcrumbs or porridge oats to the mixture. Season to taste, you may wish to add more honey/agave.
- Lightly oil an ovenproof dish or line with foil. Spoon the mixture in, pat down and cover with some more oiled foil and bake for 30 minutes then remove foil and continue baking for a further 15-20 minutes until the top starts to turn golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing and serve hot with a nice salad, green veg or with some boiled potatoes and vegetable gravy.
- You can also bake in a loaf tin or it's nice to put into individual ramekins or madeline moulds. Adjust the cooking time to 45 minutes covered and 15 uncovered if you use a loaf tin and reduce to 35 minutes total time if using individual mini loaf moulds.
- This is a bit 'all about the timing' but it's worth it. It's a great alternative to meatloaf.
Thank you mother sri for sharing Easiest Way to Cook Delicious Vickys Roasted Parsnip Nut Loaf, GF DF EF SF NF Vegan Christmas, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp