Vickys Greek-Style Rice Moussaka, GF DF EF SF NF Vegan.
You can have Vickys Greek-Style Rice Moussaka, GF DF EF SF NF Vegan using 21 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Greek-Style Rice Moussaka, GF DF EF SF NF Vegan
- You need 2 of medium aubergine / eggplant.
- Prepare 1 of salt as required, you'll need a fair amount.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 100 grams of white mushrooms, finely sliced.
- It’s 6 of spring onions / scallions, finely sliced.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, crushed.
- You need 2 tbsp of dry white wine.
- Prepare 400 grams of can of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 2 tsp of tomato puree / paste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of finely chopped fresh parsley.
- You need 375 grams of cooked short-grain white rice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of parmesan-style cheese, finely grated (I use vegan brand Veganic).
- It’s of Sauce.
- You need 60 grams of sunflower spread / butter.
- Prepare 50 grams of corn starch / cornflour.
- It’s 320 ml of light coconut milk.
- You need 120 ml of coconut cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp of parmesan-style cheese, grated.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
Vickys Greek-Style Rice Moussaka, GF DF EF SF NF Vegan instructions
- Slice the aubergine into half cm thick rounds.
- Place in a colander or strainer, generously sprinkle with salt and let stand for 30 minutes so the salt draws out the bitter moisture.
- Rinse the slices well under cold water then pat dry.
- Heat half of the oil in a pan and cook off the garlic, onion and mushrooms until softened.
- Add the wine and stir in, cooking until it has evaporated. Add the can of chopped tomatoes, puree, cinnamon, sugar and parsley.
- Simmer uncovered until slightly reduced then stir in the cooked rice and parmesan and remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile drizzle the other half of the oil into a baking tray and rub each aubergine slice in it. Put under the grill / broiler until each side is lightly coloured.
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter over a medium heat and stir in the corn starch.
- Gradually add in the milk and cream, whisking continuously until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan.
- Grease a 2 litre casserole dish. Place 1/3 of the aubergine slices over the bottom.
- Spread 1/2 of the rice mixture on top.
- Repeat by layering 1/2 of the remaining aubergine slices, the rest of the rice mixture then top with the last of the aubergine.
- Pour the sauce on top and sprinkle with the nutmeg. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Thank you sister yani for sharing Recipe: Appetizing Vickys Greek-Style Rice Moussaka, GF DF EF SF NF Vegan, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp