Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4. The most classic way to serve nettles is in nettle soup, made with potatoes, stock, and a little cream. This soup is full of tender potatoes, onions, carrots, garlic, and (obviously) nettles which, have a similar flavor to spinach. The nettles will be overflowing out of your pan, but as they cook they will start to reduce and you will be able to mix them into Serve the soup with a swirl of coconut milk on the top.
Vibrant, luscious Nettle Soup with Tarragon – a simple easy recipe, full of incredible health benefits and lovely flavor. A Scandinavian specialty to be enjoyed The first time I had nettle soup was in Finland with my mom, many years ago. Need a gluten-free vegan soup recipe? You can cook Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4 using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4
- Prepare 20-30 of nettle shoots.
- You need 1 knob of butter or 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 of medium finely chopped onion.
- Prepare 5 of small potatoes (any).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of plain flour or GF flour.
- It’s 1 of vegetable or chicken stock cube.
- It’s of Small bunch of parsley leaves, finely chopped.
- Prepare of Single or double cream OR Elmlea Plant based cream (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of finely chopped chives (optional).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Bread or croutons to serve.
Browse through dozens here, including some tips for avoiding gluten while making healthy homemade vegan soups. Many soup recipes, particularly vegetarian and vegan soup recipes, call for Watch Now: Dairy-Free Vegan Butternut Squash Soup Recipe. This gluten free vegan vegetable soup recipe also reheats very well. You can make it on a Sunday and feel confident about reheating it and serving it later in the week.
Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4 step by step
- Sauté the chopped onions on the butter or oil, stirring often – until it’s golden.
- Reduce fire, add the flour, stir for a minute or two, than add a mug of water and stir until it becomes creamy.
- Add stock cube, salt and pepper, stir and turn off the fire..
- Cut off the nettle leaves from the stem. You can use a fork or any other utensil to avoid holding it with your hand..
- Add the chopped potatoes and the nettle to the pot and add enough water to cover it. About 4-5 mugs of water should be sufficient. Turn the heat back on, cover the pot with a lid, and gently simmer for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are cooked..
- Using a hand held blender or any other kind (be careful and make sure it’s suitable to blend hot beverages!!) cream the soup. Than add the finely chopped parsley and blend again if you wish..
- Add some cream if you prefer(4 -5 tbs should be enough) and adjust salt to your liking. To serve, use the chopped chives and another splash of cream to garnish. Enjoy with toast or croutons. Enjoy!.
Perfect valentines day treats that are gluten and dairy free. To ratio of potatoes to nettles is completely up to you. I packed a lot of nettles in, and it tasted great! But you could use less, if that's all you had. For those who can have dairy, finishing this soup off with some cream would be great too.
Thank you mother amel for sharing Recipe: Appetizing Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp