Vickys Lemon Meringue Pie GF DF EF SF NF Vegan. Prepare of Green and red piping icing. Recipe: Perfect Vegan spanakopita (spinach pie) #bakingcontest. Stir in the butter, lemon juice and mixed spice.
I have come a long way from the first vegan Lemon meringue Pie I ever made! The first one was whipped up in the dark of night, a year ago, after hearing about Aqua faba on the internet! Lemon Meringue Pie was off limit for vegans.until now that is as you can use #aquafaba to make a delicious vegan meringue. You can cook Vickys Lemon Meringue Pie GF DF EF SF NF Vegan using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Lemon Meringue Pie GF DF EF SF NF Vegan
- Prepare 1 of ready baked 9" pie crust – see my link below for a free-from sweet shortcrust pastry recipe.
- It’s of Filling.
- You need 250 grams of sugar.
- Prepare 65 grams of corn starch.
- You need 240 ml of cold water.
- It’s 180 ml of rice milk.
- Prepare 120 ml of full fat coconut milk.
- You need 180 ml of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of grated lemon zest.
- It’s of gelatin or agar agar in any form.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 pinch of turmeric for colour.
- Prepare of Meringue.
- It’s 150 ml of 'water' from a can of cooked white beans or chickpeas.
- You need 125 grams of icing sugar / powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
A classic vegan lemon meringue pie made with a creamy lemon filling and topped with fluffy vegan meringue! Most lemon meringue pies call for eggs in the lemon filling. This works to stabilize the filling and make it firm enough to cut a slice. Fresh lemon juice and lemon zest make this lemon meringue pie filling tart and lovely.
Vickys Lemon Meringue Pie GF DF EF SF NF Vegan instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F.
- To make the filling, add all of the ingredients to a saucepan, checking the instructions for your gelatin / agar agar for how much you'll need to use and how to use it. I used pork gelatin sheets and needed 6 sheets to set the 720mls of liquid (3 cups) used in the filling. With agar agar you need to boil it to activate it. With gelatin you just simmer it or it won't set. Either way whisk it until it's thickened then it's ready.
- Keep the filling covered but off the heat while you make the meringue:.
- Pour the canned bean water into a stand mixer bowl and beat until cloud-like. Add the cream of tartar powder then the sugar in a tablespoon at a time.
- It should be thick enough that the peaks don't flop over when you pat the top with the back of the spoon.
- As soon as the meringue is done, pour the filling into the pie crust. While the filling is hot, spread the meringue mixture over it, carefully sealing to the very edge of the crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the meringue has started to turn golden, then let the pie cool. If you use agar agar as the setting gel, it will set at room temperature. If you use gelatin you'll need to refrigerate it but let it come to room temperature to serve.
And when it's poured into a waiting crust, topped with Nice and lemony, not too sweet with good proportions of curd and meringue. My second attempt on lemon meringue pie. Be the first to review this recipe. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and zest. Pour hot filling into pie crust.
Thank you mother yani for sharing Easiest Way to Make Yummy Vickys Lemon Meringue Pie GF DF EF SF NF Vegan, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp