Carolina-Style BBQ Sauce.
You can cook Carolina-Style BBQ Sauce using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carolina-Style BBQ Sauce
- It’s 3 Tbs. of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, finely chopped.
- You need 2 of jalapeno peppers, finely chopped.
- You need 2-3 cloves of garlic, smashed.
- It’s 1.5 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 bottle (32 oz.) of ketchup.
- It’s 1 cup of BBQ sauce, store brand.
- You need 6 Tbs. of dark mustard.
- Prepare 2 Tbs. of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 can (8 oz.) of pineapple bits.
- You need 1/2 cup of molasses.
- Prepare Dash of paprika & thyme.
- You need Dash of salt & pepper.
- It’s Dash of red pepper flakes.
Carolina-Style BBQ Sauce instructions
- Add oil to a heated 3 quart pot over medium heat. Add the onions and peppers and sauté them for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and mix..
- Add all the liquid ingredients (but not the fruit & molasses) to the pot and simmer for 30 minutes over medium-low heat..
- Add the fruit pieces and very lightly blend the sauce using an immersion blender (or a blender in batches). Add the molasses and simmer this for 45 minutes on low-medium heat..
- While simmering, season with spices to taste as the sauce slowly thickens. Place in a large container when done. Refrigerate to further the thickening process before using..
Thank you sister ida for sharing How to Cook Perfect Carolina-Style BBQ Sauce, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp