Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken. Jollof, a traditional Nigerian main dish, brings out the best flavors of rice and chicken and pairs Place chicken drumsticks in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. This version of jollof rice adds chicken for a filling dinner that cooks all in one pan. Scatter the peppers over the top of the.
This is to give it a golden look which is more presentable especially if you have guests Parboil the rice using the method detailed in parboiling rice for cooking jollof rice. Add the tomatoes, red bell pepper, quartered onion, and pepper to a blender and blend until smooth. Stir in chicken, along with rice. You can cook Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken
- It’s 1 kg of rice.
- Prepare 8 of medium size fresh tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 of quarter of dried pepper.
- You need 4 of fresh red pepper.
- Prepare 4 of fresh green pepper.
- Prepare 1 pack of green peas.
- Prepare 2 of large balls of onion.
- Prepare 2 of medium size spring onion.
- You need 4 cubes of Maggi seasoning.
- It’s of All purpose seasoning.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Thyme.
- Prepare of Curry powder.
- Prepare of I full chicken.
- You need of Kpomo(cow skin).
- You need of For salad.
- You need of Cabbage.
- It’s 2 sticks of carrot.
- You need of Medium size cucumber (optional).
- You need of Salad cream.
Jollof Rice is a popular West African casserole of chicken, rice and vegetables in a mild tomato curry sauce. Full of interesting flavors yet mild enough to It's that comforting one-pot chicken and rice dish many of us know and love, the kind of dish that is cooked in kitchens across the globe, each slightly. Nigerian jollof rice is probably one of the most talked about dishes from Nigeria in any part of the Nigerian jollof rice is accepted all over the world and the ingredient used can be found in all parts of Step Two: In your already boiling tomato stew, pour your meat or chicken stock, add a little cup of. Serve with jollof rice and fried plantains.
Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken step by step
- First I cut or dice my red and green pepper my onion I also dice my kpomo then I blend my fresh tomatoes some of my fresh red pepper and onion.
- Then i cut and neatly wash my chicken and my diced kpomo then add my seasonings, onions and add some water then leave it on the burner until the chicken is well cooked and soft.
- I then pre boil my rice and wash, set aside and fry my chicken in sunflower oil(medium heat) so when everything is ready I fry my tomato purée then add my stock water and some more seasoning and salt when this is ready I add my pre boiled rice and allow to cook for maybe 20-30 mins depending on your cooker.
- When the water starts drying up I add my peas some of my green and red pepper and that's it so when the water is all dried up I stir with a wooden spoon and yes my jollof rice is ready.
- Over to kpomo I add a little bit of oil in a frying pan add some chopped onion and my roughly blended pepper and fry I then pour in my already cooked kpomo, curry,seasoning cube and salt then stir fry for about 2/3 mins and my pepper kpomo is ready.
- For my salad I wash my cabbage,carrot and cucumber then grate my cabbage and carrot put in a clean plate add my salad cream an that is it 😊.
Jollof rice is a unifying dish across West Africa. This classic Nigerian recipe always has three things Ozoz now skips that step and adds the stock in with the tomato and pepper mixture, adding the rice Another tweak to the ingredients list: Ozoz uses both white and black pepper for a deeper, earthier. The chef Tunde Wey is based in New Orleans, but he was born in Nigeria, where jollof rice is a well-loved dish The rice is cooked in a flavorful tomato and pepper purée; his version is vegan, and laced with chile heat. Rice Jollof is usually paired with a salad and fried meat (Chicken, beef, etc). Nigerian Jollof Rice – a spicy and vibrant one-pot tomato rice, this is probably the best-known The Nigerian jollof rice is often served as a side dish for meats or fish.
Thank you tante amel for sharing Recipe: Perfect Jollof rice with salad, pepper kpomo and fried chicken, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp