Creamy Pork Pot Pie.
You can have Creamy Pork Pot Pie using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Pork Pot Pie
- Prepare of Filling.
- Prepare 2-3/4 pound of porkloin.
- Prepare 1-3/4 pound of Yukon gold potatoes.
- You need 1 pound of carrots.
- You need 2 of large leeks.
- You need 8 ounces of your favorite mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 cup of smoked bacon cut small.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 6 ounces of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 quart of chicken broth.
- You need of Thickening Paste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s of Pie crust.
- Prepare 4 cups of all purpose flour + more for dusting.
- It’s 2/3 cup of butter flavored shortening very cold.
- It’s 1 stick of butter very cold.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cups of chicken broth very cold.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
Creamy Pork Pot Pie step by step
- Wash and dice the potatoes. Slice the carrots and mushrooms..
- Wash the leeks and slice thinly. Slice the bacon and fry. Cut the pork into bite sized pieces. Add the pork to the bacon and it's drippings..
- When the pork is seared, add the vegetables and mushrooms. Add salt to the flour and mix well..
- Grate the butter and shortening. Add to the flour and salt. Work it into the flour making it look like wet sand..
- When the flour, butter, and shortening is mixed add in the chicken broth. Mix and knead it. Roll 2/3 out big enough to fit a 9×13 pan..
- Fix the crust into the pan up on the sides to. Mix the olive oil and flour. Pour into the filling..
- Mix it well. Now add the chicken broth, and heavy cream. Simmer 3 minutes stirring constantly..
- Spoon the mixture into the crust. Roll out the top and put over the pot pie. Cut slits into the top. This allows steam to escape..
- Put into the oven for 30-35 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Thank you mother ridha for sharing Recipe: Perfect Creamy Pork Pot Pie, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp