Meat pie a la Brad.
You can cook Meat pie a la Brad using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meat pie a la Brad
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of small onion.
- It’s 1 of large celery stalk.
- It’s 1 of large carrot.
- You need 1 clove of (6 or 7 teeth) garlic.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of fresh ground black pepper.
- You need 2 Tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried rosemary.
- You need 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 2 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 2 of large portabello mushrooms cut into 2 inch pieces.
- You need 1 lb. of Ground meat (lamb or beef pref).
- You need 1 can of favorite beans (I used black beans).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of soup stock.
- You need 1/4 cup of creamy dressing.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1 of pie crust uncooked.
- Prepare 1 of pouch instant mashed potatoes (6 servings, 2 cups unprepared).
Meat pie a la Brad instructions
- Begin by preheating the oven to 450 f. Also preheat a large skillet with the olive oil..
- Dice the onion and add to pan over med low heat. Meanwhile dice the carrot and celery adding to the hot onion..
- Season! Add garlic (i used a garlic press but minced mashed or chopped all work depending on personal taste)sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Toss in the butter and dried herbs..
- Once everything starts to brown remove from pan but keep warm to be re-added later. Put empty pan on med high heat..
- Add mushrooms to pan and sweat that excess liquid out. A pinch of salt will help but don't over do it. The mushrooms suck up any extra butter and oil residue left in the pan and shrink in size..
- Add the mushrooms to the veggie mix already set to the side. Add the meat to the pan and cook till brown. Drain the excess grease..
- Return everything to the pan plus the drained and rinsed beans. Mix well..
- Sauce time. I always try to keep bone stock on hand and used chicken veg. Plus some creamy dressing left from wing night. Add 1/2 of the cheese. Mix it up!.
- Press a crust in a glass 9inch pie pan.
- Add the meaty cheesey veggie blend to crust and top with 1/2 remaining cheese, then mashed potatoes and then the rest of the cheese..
- Oven time! Top rack with a pan beneath for drip catching. 25-30 min or until browned peaks of potatoes and melted cheese are too tempting..
- Let it cool at least 5 min before attempting to cut. Serve hot..
Thank you mother ida for sharing How to Cook Perfect Meat pie a la Brad, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp