You can have Seafood Gumbo using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Seafood Gumbo
- Prepare 3/4 c. of Bacon drippings.
- Prepare 1 c. of Flour.
- Prepare 1 c. of Celery.
- You need 1 of large white onion.
- Prepare 1 of bellpepper.
- It’s 1 of large tomatoe.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 2 Tbsp. of Gumbo file seasoning.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of Worshircheire.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of Tony Chachere's (cajun seasoning).
- It’s 2 Tbsp. of Louisiana hot sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of Vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Salt.
- It’s 32 oz. of Of good beef stock or bone broth.
- It’s 1 lb. of andoullie sausage.
- Prepare 1 lb. of Shrimp.
- It’s 1 of cn. Lump crab meat.
- It’s 1 pkg. of Frozen okra.
- You need 1 c. of Cooked rice per bowl.
- It’s 1 of boiled egg per bowl.
Seafood Gumbo instructions
- Heat bacon drippings on low to medium heat and whisk in flour..
- Continue to whisk and cook roux on medium heat until it reaches a rich dark brown color. This could take up to 30 minutes. Whisk non stop or the roux will burn..
- Once you reach your desired color, turn down to low to medium heat and add in onion, celery, and bellpepper and let this cook for another 10 minutes. It will become very thick..
- Add in chopped garlic, andoullie sauage, and chopped tomato and cook another 5 minutes..
- In a skillet, add a Tbsp of bacon grease, vinager, and okra and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally..
- Add stock or bone broth to the roux mixture and stir until well blended..
- Add gumbo file, Tony's, salt, hot sauce, Worcestershire and stir..
- Remove cooked okra from skillet with a slotted spatula and add to gumbo..
- Add lump crab and shrimp and let simmer until ready to serve..
- Serve gumbo over a bowl of rice and add a boiled egg cut in half. Enjoy!.
Thank you mother wati for sharing Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Seafood Gumbo, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp