Spicy Bean Quarter Pounders (vegan).
You can have Spicy Bean Quarter Pounders (vegan) using 14 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Bean Quarter Pounders (vegan)
- It’s 1 cup of dried breadcrumbs *(see steps 1-3).
- It’s 1 can of red kidney beans, drained.
- You need 1 can of garbanzo beans/ chick peas, drained.
- Prepare 2 medium of carrots, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion, quite finely chopped.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/4 cup of frozen sweetcorn, defrosted.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped pickled jalapeños.
- You need 4 tbsp of canola oil, for frying.
- Prepare 4 of burger buns.
Spicy Bean Quarter Pounders (vegan) step by step
- Heat oven to 110C..
- Cut crusts off 4 slices of white bread, then put them straight on the oven shelf for 30 munutes until dried out..
- Crumble bread to make breadcrumbs, you can bash them in a bag or crush them in a bowl using the bottom of a small cup…set aside.
- Cook the carrots for 10 minutes in boiling water, drain and set aside to cool.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and fry the onion for 3 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add cumin, oregano and paprika.
- Allow onion mixture to cool, off the heat.
- Put garbanzo beans and red kudney beans in a large bowl and squash them with a potato masher…you don't need them totally mashed, but mostly..
- To the beans, add the onion mixture, carrots, sweetcorn, jalapeños and season with salt and black pepper.
- Mix well until the mixture sticks together.
- Take quarters of the mixture, form into burgers, then gently cover them in breadcrumbs and set on a plate.
- Heat the canola oil over a medium heat in a skillet (or two, if necessary…you may need to rinse and wipe dry the skillet you used for the onions).
- Fry the burgers for 4-5 minutes each side.
- Serve burgers on toasted burger buns with optional toppings: sliced avocado, sliced tomatoes, tomato ketchup or salsa, mayo, extra jalapeños….
Thank you mother linda for sharing Recipe: Perfect Spicy Bean Quarter Pounders (vegan), hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp