Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu). Get the recipe for Eggplant and Tofu Stir-Fry. Serve over rice with a simple green salad for a complete meal. Make a trip to the Asian market and make one of your favorite Chinese food Add the tofu and the eggplant and stir together gently so that the tofu and eggplant gets nicely Add more spicy bean sauce if needed.
It is spicy, numbing, hot, aromatic and tender. Mapo tofu is one of the top ten famous Chinese dishes and enjoys a high popularity among not only Chinese people but also many western countries. Mapo Tofu is a popular Chinese dish from Sichuan province. You can cook Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu) using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu)
- Prepare 1 of eggplant wash and dry pat then diced into 1-2” cubes.
- It’s 1/2 of of silky tofu diced into small cubes.
- You need of Chopped/sliced green onion.
- You need of Minced garlic (3 cloves garlics).
- You need of Grated fresh ginger (1 tsp).
- Prepare 1 of dates soaked in 1/4 cup water (you can substitute with sugar).
- It’s 2 tsp of Gochujang (fermented red pepper paste) you can get it in any Asian store. (Less or more).
- You need of Mushrooms powder.
- It’s of Soy sauces.
- You need 1 tsp of cornstarch (less or more).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional).
- It’s of Water.
The classic recipe consists of silken tofu, ground pork or beef, fermented broad beans You might want to cook the eggplant first take it out, cook the meat, and add the eggplant back in. So you won't be stir frying eggplant for a long time. Mapo Eggplant is a spin on the Szechuan classic Mapo Tofu. Silky roasted eggplant is topped with a slightly spicy and garlicky bean sauce with ground A good rule to follow when preparing any kind of stir-fried dish is to prepare the sauce first.
Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu) instructions
- Using your skillet over medium high heat, roasted the eggplants until turning brown. Set aside..
- Meanwhile microwave the dates in 40 seconds. Smashed it and strained it..
- Still using the skillet add the dates liquid, garlics, ginger, mushrooms powder,gochujang paste, cayenne pepper, and soy sauce. Add more water, mixed well then add the tofu..
- Cover with the lid, and let it boiled..
- When the tofu mixture boiled add the eggplant, mixed well. Put in a simmer until the eggplant is cooked and tender..
- In a small bowl mixed the cornstarch and water. Pouring into the eggplant mixture, stir quickly, taste it and add the green onion. Turn off the heat..
- Then the spicy eggplant mapo tofu is ready to served along with steam rice or brown rice as your choice. Enjoy ?.
If you like your dishes really saucy, feel free to double this. Mapo Tofu (麻婆豆腐) is a fiery Sichuan pork and tofu stir-fry with the hallmark málà balance of tongue tingling and spicy. Mapo tofu (麻婆豆腐, ma po dou fu) is one of the most popular classic Sichuan dishes. It has a spicy, pungent, and appetizing flavor that goes perfectly with steamed rice. I love cooking mapo tofu for a quick lunch or dinner.
Thank you sister yuli for sharing Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu), hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp