Enchilada pie. Brown the meat and onion together, drain. In a saucepan, cook the soup, chilies, crushed tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Brown meat and onion together, drain.
Posted in response to a request. A simple inexpensive family dinner with mild flavors. From Frozen Assets by Deborah Taylor-Hough, a OAMC book. You can cook Enchilada pie using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Enchilada pie
- Prepare 1/2 pound of ground pork.
- It’s 1/2 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion.
- You need 2 of small cans of diced green chillies.
- Prepare 1 can of refried beans.
- You need 1/2 cup of white rice.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 of small can green enchilada sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of thick and chunky salsa Verde.
- Prepare 1 of burrito seasoning packet.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of cheddar jack cheese.
- Prepare 6 of homemade flour tortillas 1 being bigger for top.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Repeat all layers twice; cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray. Add enchilada sauce and chicken and bring to a simmer. Assemble pie: Spoon an even layer of chicken on top of baked tortilla crust then top with half the corn, black beans, and.
Enchilada pie instructions
- In a skillet brown ground pork and lean ground beef until brown, I usually use a scoop of bacon grease for flavor. Dice onion and use half in meat and incorporate. When done add burrito packet mix with half cup of water and add to meat with green chillies. Set aside when thickened..
- Cook rice until soft, I use a pressure cooker, when rice is done put in skillet and add diced tomatoes, diced onion (the other half) can of green chillies and a spoon full of green enchilada sauce and incorporate together, season to your taste. I used cilantro, garlic, cummin and chilli powder..
- In a glass pie pan put a spoonful of green enchilada sauce around until evenly coated, lay first tortilla down layer beans, rice, cheese and meat. Add 2nd tortilla and gently cover with salsa Verde and cheese, add another tortilla, repeat first layer then second layer again, add cheese then the top around the pie plate forking the edges and a couple holes to breath..
- Brush top with butter and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, pull out and brush top with butter again, sprinkle garlic powder and dried cilantro leaves on top and bake another 10-15 minutes at 400..
- Pairs well with a dessert of the wife's homemade cheese cake, I'll see if I can get her to post that. purpledaffodil69..
Heat the oil in a pan. Add the beans, fajita spice mix, chopped tomatoes and some seasoning. In a large skillet, mix together ground beef, onion and garlic powder. Cook over medium heat until meat is browned. Easy Chicken Enchilada Pie Bake is a one pot layered chicken enchilada casserole that is bursting with cheesy green chile and chicken enchilada flavor!
Thank you tante amel for sharing Recipe: Appetizing Enchilada pie, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp