Caramelized Tomato Soup.
You can have Caramelized Tomato Soup using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caramelized Tomato Soup
- It’s 2 of roma tomatoes, very ripe.
- Prepare 2 of cans diced tomatoes (14oz. each).
- Prepare 1 of tbsp tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 of small to medium carrots.
- You need 1 of celery stalk.
- You need 1/2 of red onion.
- You need 2 of cloves garlic.
- Prepare 200 gr of elbow or any other small pasta (7oz).
- Prepare 170 gr of panela cheese (6oz).
- It’s 2 of tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 3 of tbsp unsalted butter.
- You need 4 of tbsp sour cream.
- You need of to taste tarragon.
- You need of to taste salt (I use pink Himalaya salt).
- It’s of to taste freshly ground black pepper.
Caramelized Tomato Soup instructions
- Chop carrots, celery, and fresh tomatoes, reserve. Chop onion and garlic..
- Cut the cheese in small cubes, put in a bowl and reserve for later use..
- Drain the canned tomatoes over a bowl. Use a spoon to squeeze the tomatoes and get them as dry as possible. Save the juice!.
- Put a large saucepan over medium heat, add the oil and 1 tbsp butter. Once hot, add the chopped onion and garlic, season with salt & pepper and saute until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Stir often..
- Add carrots, celery, and the fresh tomatoes. Cover and let cook until the carrots are just tender, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally..
- Add the drained canned tomatoes and the tomato paste. Cook uncovered and stirring frequently, until the tomatoes caramelize, about 15 minutes..
- While the tomatoes caramelize, boil a pot with salted water and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta and return to pot, mix with the rest of the butter, salt and pepper, and set aside..
- Once the tomatoes are caramelized, add the strained juice from the canned tomatoes, plus 2 cups water to the saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook, partly covered, for an additional 10 to 15 minutes (the vegetables should be very tender at the end).
- Transfer the soup to a blender and pureé. Careful: soup is very hot; start at a low speed and gradually increase it to avoid splattering. Watch for your desired texture: I prefer a a more chunky soup, but you can pureé until silky smooth if you want. Once blended, return to saucepan..
- Add the buttered pasta to the soup and mix well..
- Divide the cheese into plates and scoop the soup on top. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a pinch of tarragon. Enjoy!.
Thank you sister ridha for sharing Recipe: Yummy Caramelized Tomato Soup, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp