Spinach, Tofu and Filo Pie (Vegan!).
You can have Spinach, Tofu and Filo Pie (Vegan!) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach, Tofu and Filo Pie (Vegan!)
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 of Leek, Finely Chopped.
- It’s 2 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 300 g of Fresh Spinach.
- It’s 200 g of Tofu, drained and pressed. (I used smoked).
- Prepare 50 g of Breadcrumbs.
- It’s 2 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- You need of Lemon Zest.
- It’s 2 tsp of Garlic Granules.
- You need 2 tsp of Oregano.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of Nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 Pack of Filo Pastry.
Spinach, Tofu and Filo Pie (Vegan!) step by step
- Heat up 2 table spoons of olive oil. Add the finely chopped leek and cook for a few minutes, until soft..
- Add the garlic, paprika and spinach (it helps to add to add a handful at a time). Cook down until it is very soft, stirring constantly (for about 5 minutes). When it is cooked leave to cool. You might need to press some of the liquid out of the spinach if it is very runny, I recommend you keep the liquid in case you need it later (it has lots of flavour)..
- Mash up the tofu. Add the garlic granules, oregano, balsamic vinegar, nutmeg and lemon zest. Then add the spinach mixture and the breadcrumbs, season with the salt and pepper. Here you will be able to tell if you need to add any liquid back to the mix..
- Pre-heat the oven to 190c (gas mark 5). Grease a tin and line it with filo pastry, you can brush a little olive oil between the pastry sheets. When you get halfway add the spinach mixture. Spread it so the mix is a few centimetres from the edge. Add the remaining pastry on top and brush with the remaining oil..
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes, until the filling is piping hot the pasty is golden-brown..
Thank you sister dian for sharing Recipe: Perfect Spinach, Tofu and Filo Pie (Vegan!), hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp