Meat Pies (easy method!).
You can cook Meat Pies (easy method!) using 4 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meat Pies (easy method!)
- You need 1 c. of cooked meat (leftovers, rotisserie chicken, trimmings, etc.
- You need 2 of pie crusts.
- Prepare 1/2 c. of Shredded cheese of your choice.
- It’s of Seasonings of your choice.
Meat Pies (easy method!) instructions
- Get together all of your ingredients, a large lightly floured cutting board, rolling pin, and round biscuit cutter (which for me is a glass)..
- Use 1 cup of whatever meat you have on hand. I used canned venison straight out of the jar with 1/2 tsp paprika and a 1/4 tsp each of powered onion and garlic. Use the seasonings that you like and work with your meat of choice, but remember this meat has been seasoned and cooked already so don't over do it..
- Process the meat until it is minced, about a minute..
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees..
- Work one piecrust at a time. Roll crust on a lightly floured surface until it is about 1/8" thick. Thin but not so thin that it will tear when you work it into a pocket in a couple steps..
- Using your 2 1/2"or 3" cutter, cut circles out of the dough. NOW collect up your trimming, and reroll them and cut circles until all the pie crust has been used. I know some people have a strong distrust of dough that has been worked twice, but I hate to waste food. Rework your trimmings and you'll get another 3 or 4 rounds. Your call..
- On each round place 1 tsp of meat, sprinkle on cheese of your choosing. You can make these meatless: use mushrooms, beans, even leftover mashed potatoes..
- Once all your stuffings are in place it's time to close the pockets. I use water around the edge to help the dough stick together until I crimp the edges with a fork..
- Cover a baking sheet with foil or if you like doing dishes spray it with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer your beautiful creations to the baking sheet. I take a minute to brush each with melted butter, and to poke a couple holes in each with a toothpick… because… The steam needs a way out and my kids are obsessed with butter… You may choose to brush with egg white or just move on to the baking process..
- I have a pan of water on the bottom rack to help keep the crusts moist (optional). Place your dough pockets on the middle rack, in the middle of the oven. Using a store bought pie crust they need about 10 minutes (adjust cooking times for homemade pie crusts). While this batch cooks I assemble the second pie crust batch..
- Allow to cool a couple minutes before tasting. These can be plated for dinner, served as appetizers at a party, placed in the fridge for an after school snack or a quick dinner, or packed in a lunch box. Will keep for 3 or 4 days in the fridge…. but once you taste them or your kids/husband find them they will NOT LAST 3 or 4 days. Pair with fruits and veggies for a balanced meal. Hope you enjoy!.
Thank you sister ridha for sharing How to Cook Appetizing Meat Pies (easy method!), hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp