Mike's Old Fashion Potato Egg Salad.
You can have Mike's Old Fashion Potato Egg Salad using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Old Fashion Potato Egg Salad
- Prepare of Bag Potatoes [washed – unpeeled].
- It’s of Boiled Eggs [yep 25 – use older eggs – they peel easier].
- Prepare of Black Olives [use only the firm ones – discard mushy ones].
- It’s of White Onions.
- It’s of Clausen Dill Pickles [no substitutions – these are the most delicious & crisp you'll find].
- It’s of Whole Milk [add slowly until desired consistency].
- You need of Mayonnaise [use 2/3 to 3/4 jar].
- You need of Yellow Mustard.
- You need of White Pepper.
- Prepare of Celery Seed.
- You need of White Sugar [or more – add slowly to desired tastes].
- Prepare of Paprika.
- You need of Celery Stalks [with leaves/tops].
- Prepare of White Vinegar [to temper sweetness if needed].
Mike's Old Fashion Potato Egg Salad instructions
- Bring [older] eggs to a boil in a large pot. Turn off heat. Once water has boiled – cover eggs and let them sit in that hot water for 18 minutes exactly undisturbed. Drain water and run under cold water immediately until eggs and pot have completely cooled off. This method will make perfect boiled eggs everytime with little discoloration. And, by using older eggs, they'll be very easy to peel..
- Wash potatoes well. Do not peel. Then boil potatoes until you can easily run a knife through the largest potato. Drain and allow them to cool slightly..
- Whip milk, mayo and spices in a very large bowl. You'll want your texture thick enough to coat and stick but, thin enough to mix easily..
- Peel eggs and quarter. Chop vegetables..
- ° Chop your warm potatoes into bite sized 1" pieces. Place potatoes into your chilled mayo mixture. Gently fold them in until they're fully coated. Your warm spuds will break up easily! ° It's important that your potatoes be warm upon mixing. They'll immediately begin to absorb your mayo/milk/spice mixture..
- Gently incorporate your eggs and vegetables in with your potatoes. Again, fold in gently until everything is completely coated. If your mixture is too thick and not coating easily, just add a splash of whole milk and mix in your bowl. Repeat if necessary..
- Lightly sprinkle Paprika on top of salad before serving..
- Chill overnight if possible in a large covered bowl. Stir intermittently. Enjoy!.
Thank you mother amel for sharing Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Mike's Old Fashion Potato Egg Salad, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp