Refried Beans Vegetarian and Vegan.
You can cook Refried Beans Vegetarian and Vegan using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Refried Beans Vegetarian and Vegan
- It’s 1 lb of dried pinto beans.
- It’s 1 of small onion, whole but peel this one.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, whole don't peel these.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Another small onion, peel and rough chop this one.
- It’s 2 of more cloves garlic if small use 3, peel & coarsely chop these.
- Prepare of Good tasting vegetable oil that you like.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Water.
Refried Beans Vegetarian and Vegan step by step
- Soak beans in water to cover overnight. Drain and rinse well. Using fresh water and large pot, cover beans by at least 4 inches of water, bring to boil, add a Tb salt, 1 small onion (peeled but not cut), and 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled. Lower heat, cover, and cook beans until soft, about 90 mins – 2 hours. Drain beans and discard onion and garlic. Do not omit this step. You must remove it all..
- In bowl of lg food processor, add 1/2 of the beans, 2/3 cup water, second onion, & garlic cloves, 2 tsps salt & little pepper. Process to a thinnish pasty mixture. (Next batch will be thicker mixture). Put 1st batch in lg bowl, set aside..
- Second batch will be beans & water only. Put the rest of beans in processor, add 1/4 cup water and process until very thick mixture where you have a choice here to leave it a bit chunky to get a bite or add more water and process until smooth. 2 batches will have 2 different consistencies. Mix both together..
- Heat 2 Tbsps oil in very large skillet. Add beans, stir and cook beans about 15 mins, keep stirring, adding more water if needed to get correct consistency. Taste and adjust salt..
- Serve with anything you like. Tomatoes, diced onions, lettuce, cheddar, sour cream, salsa, chopped chives, olives, jalapenos, candied jalapenos, my new fave, etc..
Thank you sister ida for sharing Recipe: Delicious Refried Beans Vegetarian and Vegan, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp