You can cook Seafood Gumbo using 27 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Seafood Gumbo
- It’s of Roux ingredients.
- You need 3/4 cup of bacon drippings.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- You need of Vegetable mix.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped celery.
- You need 1 of large green bell pepper.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 pound of andouille sausage.
- You need 1 of yellow onion.
- You need of Gumbo base.
- Prepare 3 quarts of water.
- It’s 6 cubes of beef bouillon.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of hot pepper sauce (Louisiana hot sauce).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Cajon Seasoning.
- It’s 4 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme leaves.
- It’s 14.5 ounce of can stewed tomatoes.
- You need 6 ounce of can tomato sauce.
- You need 2 teaspoons of gumbo file powder.
- Prepare of Seafood mix.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of distilled white vinegar.
- Prepare 1 pound of lump crabmeat.
- It’s 3 pounds of uncooked medium shrimp (peeled and deveined).
- You need 2 tablespoons of Worcester shire sauce.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of gumbo file powder.
Seafood Gumbo instructions
- Make roux mix by whisking flour and bacon drippings constantly in sauce pan over medium-low heat until rich mahogany color. Remove from heat until it stops cooking. Usually 8-15 minutes..
- Place celery, onion, green bell pepper, and garlic in food processor on pulse until finely chopped. Mix vegetables and sausage into roux mix and place back over medium-low heat until vegetables are tender. Usually 10-15 minutes..
- Bring water and beef bouillon to boil in large pot (8 quarts or larger). Whisk the roux mix into boiling water once the cubes disolve. Reduce to simmer then mix in the rest of the base: sugar, salt, hot sauce, Cajon seasoning, bay leaves, thyme, stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce. Simmer for 1 hour and add the file gumbo powder at the 45 minute mark..
- Mix in shrimp, crab meat, Worsteshire and white vinegar into gumbo and simmer for another 45 minutes. Mix in file gumbo powder before serving..
Thank you tante yuni for sharing Recipe: Tasty Seafood Gumbo, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp