Monk’s Vegan Soup ‘Kenchin-jiru’.
You can cook Monk’s Vegan Soup ‘Kenchin-jiru’ using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Monk’s Vegan Soup ‘Kenchin-jiru’
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of Sesame Oil.
- It’s 1/2 of Carrot.
- Prepare 5 cm of Daikon (White Radish).
- Prepare 4-5 of Satoimo (small Taros) *OR 1 large Potato.
- You need 10 cm of Gobo (Burdock Root) *optional.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 4 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- You need of Ground Chilli OR finely ground White Pepper *optional.
- Prepare 200 g of Tofu *medium firm type such as ‘Momen’.
- Prepare 1 sheet of Abura-age (Fried Thin Tofu).
- It’s 3 of & 1/2 cups Water.
- It’s 1 of Spring Onion *finely shopped.
- It’s 10 cm of Kombu (Kelp).
- Prepare of <Stock>.
- Prepare 4-5 of Dried Shiitake.
- Prepare of *Note: You can use 1 heaped teaspoon Dashi Powder instead.
Monk’s Vegan Soup ‘Kenchin-jiru’ instructions
- Prepare the stock first. Place cold Water in a bowl, add cleaned Kombu (Kelp) and Dried Shiitake, and soak for at least 1-2 hours. Softened Shiitake can be cut into small pieces and added to the soup later..
- *Note: Do not add the softened Kombu to the soup. Kombu will get slimy and unpleasant flavour will come out. Use it for something else..
- Cut all Vegetables and Tofu into small pieces that are easy to eat. Finely cut Spring Onion for topping..
- Heat Sesame Oil in a large saucepan or pot, stir-fry Vegetables for a few minutes. Add 1 pinch Salt to season..
- Add 3 cups Kombu (Kelp) and Shiitake stock. (*Avoid the dirt and settlings.) Bring to the simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Season with Soy Sauce and cook until all vegetables are soft..
- *Note: I add 1 pinch Ground Chilli OR White Pepper for a hint of spiciness. This is totally untraditional, but I like it..
- When Vegetables are soft, add Abura-age (Fried Thin Tofu) and Tofu, and bring back to the boil. Then it’s done!.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped Spring Onion and enjoy..
Thank you tante amel for sharing Recipe: Tasty Monk’s Vegan Soup ‘Kenchin-jiru’, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp